US birth certificate/records questions

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

US birth certificate/records questions

Postby nickeeeast » 09 May 2009, 18:37

I'm trying to obtain a birth certificate for my Great Grand Father...John C. Mariano. He was born in WI in 1892. (His Mother/Father from Italy) This was prior to WI creating "birth certificates". They did create "birth records", but I can't seem to find any for him, or any of his siblings, but I have a plethora of information that confirms exactly when/where he was born.

I also have access to a wealth of information because I live in SLC, UT, and the largest Family History Museum in the world is here, but again...I have gone through all the birth records relevant to his dates, and have found nothing.

This is an essential piece of information to obtain, but how can I obtain something that may not exist? Is there anything that they may accept as an alternative to prove when/where he was born?

Re: US birth certificate/records questions

Postby ChrisMosca » 09 May 2009, 23:51

did john have a brother named edward born on Feb 04 1895 in milwaukee?here is a link to the Wisconsin Genealogy Society
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).

Return to “Italian Genealogy”