Piazza Armerina Letter

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Romano1970
Master
Master

Piazza Armerina Letter

Postby Romano1970 » 11 May 2009, 21:40

I rec'd this letter today from Piazza Armerina. Would someone be as so kind to translate it for me?

Si comunica che da ricerche effettuate negli archivi di Stato Civile e d'Anagrafe di questo Comune dal 1887 al 1900, non figura persona portante le generalita di Lorenzo Romano

Thank you
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.

Romano1970
Master
Master

Re: Piazza Armerina Letter

Postby Romano1970 » 11 May 2009, 23:07

I believe, unfortunately that this letter is stating that there was no one born by that name in that town and time window. Could this possibly be a mistake on thier part. The reason I believe this is because I have seen the birth record from piazza armerina on microfilms at the LDS in Westchester county NY. I will try to scan. I noticed that they wrote his name on the letter as lorenzo Romano. I have heard from my aunt that it could possibly be Romano Lorenzo. She says sometimes the surname is first, but would they not check that as well?
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”