Searching for info/family surname Staffieri or Staffiero

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
staffieri

Searching for info/family surname Staffieri or Staffiero

Postby staffieri » 27 Nov 2003, 19:48

I am searching for information or family connections to the name Staffieri or Staffiero. The name went through two misspellings beginning at Ellis Island. My surname ended up as Staffero. My grandfather was from Castellaneta, Taranto, Italy. I knew his name to be Jim Staffero, but his name was Vito Staffieri. He came to America on the ship San Giorgio on July 1, 1913. He was 20 years old. I was told he had a sister in Italy who had two sons who were policemen. He often told us he went to school with the silent film star Rudolf Valentino and that they were cousins. I would appreciate any info on how I can continue my search through church records or birth certificates. Thank you.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Searching for info/family surname Staffieri or Staffiero

Postby suanj » 28 Nov 2003, 05:23

staffieri wrote:I am searching for information or family connections to the name Staffieri or Staffiero. The name went through two misspellings beginning at Ellis Island. My surname ended up as Staffero. My grandfather was from Castellaneta, Taranto, Italy. I knew his name to be Jim Staffero, but his name was Vito Staffieri. He came to America on the ship San Giorgio on July 1, 1913. He was 20 years old. I was told he had a sister in Italy who had two sons who were policemen. He often told us he went to school with the silent film star Rudolf Valentino and that they were cousins. I would appreciate any info on how I can continue my search through church records or birth certificates. Thank you.

Hi: are only 6 Staffieri families in Castellaneta(Taranto province): this are name, address and telephon number...
http://paginebianche.virgilio.it/pb/cer ... ta&x=0&y=0

More: for your demand all certificate of Vito Staffieri, please write italian letter (Italian form letter are here http://www.circolocalabrese.org/ )
to Castellaneta Common:

"Ufficio di Stato Civile
Comune di Castellaneta
Piazza Principe di Napoli
74011 Castellaneta (TA)
Italia"

include 5 euro (to certificate)for secretariat expenses .
Regards, suanj

cchavez325

Postby cchavez325 » 19 Jul 2011, 21:41

Hi I found your question posted on this site regarding the Staffiero name. My husband is Jaime "Jim" Chavez Staffiero...I have been fascinated with his last name since I met and married him...we go by the name of Chavez. But all his legal name documentation is Staffiero. What we know of his grandfather is that he went by the name "Frank" he migrated here (to the U.S.A.) during WWII (I can't verify this) according to stories He is from Sicily his birth name is Giovani Francesco Staffiero...there are Staffiero's in Colorado and in California specifically in San Deigo...now the story goes that Frank migrated to the USA for a better life, upon arriving was drafted into the military and he "a-walled" to Mexico (thus the Mexican connection) stating "that this was not his country nor his war" but was pardoned by the U.S.A. I also do lots of searching on google etc....to get history and information...I have scattered facts and my husband has never met his grandfather nor does he know much about him, or his italian ancestry...only with the few facts I listed....I wish you the best of luck in locating information and if you can share your findings with me, I would be so grateful :)

jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Postby jamiecapaldi » 20 Jul 2011, 10:08

Hello,

My Capaldi Family were very close to a Staffieri Family in Bristol, early 1900's.
Looking into the surname varients, this is probably your original spelling?

Jamie Capaldi
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk

Return to “Italian Genealogy”