Gallone and Bruno in Candida, Avellino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Chip98404

Gallone and Bruno in Candida, Avellino

Postby Chip98404 » 26 May 2009, 18:52

I am researching my wife's ancestry and looking for information concerning PELEGRINO GALLONE who immigrated to the US in 1902 from Candida, Avellino. He was born November 27, 1887. He married CAROLINE (Carolina, Carry) BRUNO in New York or New Jersey. Caroline was born January 25, 1888 also in Candida, Avellino. I have no information concerning family or residences in Italy so any help would be appreciated.

federici1999
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Gallone and Bruno in Candida, Avellino

Postby federici1999 » 26 May 2009, 19:37

Social security death Index
Freedom of Information Officer
4-H-8 Annex Building
6401 Security Boulevard
Baltimore, Maryland 21235

Name: Pellegrino Gallone
SSN: 135-28-2256
Last Residence: 07650 Palisades Park, Bergen, New Jersey, United States of America
Born: 27 Nov 1887
Died: Mar 1970
State (Year) SSN issued: New Jersey (1952-1953)

Name: Caroline Gallone
SSN: 142-54-2660
Last Residence: 07650 Palisades Park, Bergen, New Jersey, United States of America
Born: 25 Jan 1888
Died: Oct 1973
State (Year) SSN issued: New Jersey

1930 United States Federal Census
about Pellegrino Gallone
Name: Pellegrino Gallone
Home in 1930: Palisades Park, Bergen, New Jersey
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1887
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head-of-house: Head
Spouse's name: Caroline
Race: White

Education:

Military service:

Rent/home value:

Age at first marriage:

Parents' birthplace: View Image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Pellegrino Gallone 43
Caroline Gallone 42
Stanley Gallone 17
Henry Gallone 15
Alfred Gallone 12
Celia Gallone 10
Marie Gallone 6
Joseph Gallone 19

View
Original
Record

View original image

View blank form

Save This Record

Son Joseph born in New York all other children born in New Jersey
Thanks Bob

Looking for Federici and Cavalli from Bedonia

federici1999
Rookie
Rookie

Postby federici1999 » 26 May 2009, 19:42

I wanted to add that you can write to the social security address I have given stating all the information along with there social security numbers. The cost is $27.00 per person. They do accept checks. You will recieve from them the copy of their original social security application which will show birth place and parents names. This will help in back tracking to italy to locate birth certificates.
Thanks Bob

federici1999
Rookie
Rookie

Postby federici1999 » 26 May 2009, 19:59

Pelegrino arrived on the S.S. Nord America sailing from Naples to New York on Nov.12 1902 His last residence was Candida. He was staying in New York with an uncle Enrico de Mancini
Thanks Bob

Chip98404

Postby Chip98404 » 26 May 2009, 20:24

federici1999 wrote:Pelegrino arrived on the S.S. Nord America sailing from Naples to New York on Nov.12 1902 His last residence was Candida. He was staying in New York with an uncle Enrico de Mancini
Thank you Bob! I had most of the information from Census and ship's manifest but did not know about ordering the social security application. That will help a lot. Afred, Celia and Marie are still alive and they still live in the same building mentioned above but they are all now quite senile. I have been trying to get my sister-in-law who still lives nearby to ask them questions. I live across the country in Washington State. My wife is daughter of Marie. Anyway, thanks again.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Jesse Taylor

Marci

Postby Marci » 22 Feb 2010, 17:17

Hi, I saw your post from last year in May about your wife's family from Italy. I'm not sure if your'e still looking for info.
Our family is from the same town. It's very small and everyone knows eachother! We are familiar with the last name Actually, there's only a certain number of surnames there. If you want to chat and want info about the town and possibly your family... please leave your emai and I'll definately contact you.

Chip98404

Postby Chip98404 » 22 Feb 2010, 17:23

Marci,
I am still interested in looking for my wife's family there. My email is jesse@xwb.com. Thank you.

Jesse "Chip" Taylor

Marci wrote:Hi, I saw your post from last year in May about your wife's family from Italy. I'm not sure if your'e still looking for info.
Our family is from the same town. It's very small and everyone knows eachother! We are familiar with the last name Actually, there's only a certain number of surnames there. If you want to chat and want info about the town and possibly your family... please leave your emai and I'll definately contact you.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Jesse Taylor

Return to “Italian Genealogy”