Seemingly blocked on Busi/Bordessa line in Como

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jwazevedo
Veteran
Veteran

Seemingly blocked on Busi/Bordessa line in Como

Postby jwazevedo » 27 May 2009, 04:19

I've hit a wall in researching one line of my Italian relatives and could use some ideas.

My grandfather, born in Garzeno (CO), had a twin sister: Margherita Bordessa. He emmigrated, but she stayed in Italy at least long enough to marry a man from across the lake in Parlasco by the name of Ambrogio Busi. Their marriage record is on Ancestry.com, so that much I know. But the track seems to end there. By using those two names as parents, I can find no children. I haven't found Ambrogio's birth record or the death record for either of them. (This latter is not entirely surprising since they would have been in their early 50s when the online records stopped in 1936.) This twin of my grandfather, which no one in the family knew about, would be my closest Italian relatives, and I'd sure like to find out whether she had children. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jerry

uantiti
Elite
Elite

Re: Seemingly blocked on Busi/Bordessa line in Como

Postby uantiti » 27 May 2009, 07:18

Hi,
there are 11 people with Busi as a last name in Parlasco (Lecco Province)

Busi

Hope this helps.

Ada

jwazevedo
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Seemingly blocked on Busi/Bordessa line in Como

Postby jwazevedo » 28 May 2009, 13:49

Thank you, Ada. I hadn't thought of just writing to people with the same surname. I'll continue to look online for awhile but may try your suggestion in the end.

Grazie,
Jerry

Return to “Italian Genealogy”