Forgione of Avolino?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
kgl

Forgione of Avolino?

Post by kgl »

Looking for any information on the Forgione family from Torella,Avolino. Michael, Frank, Nicholas, and Joseph emmigrtated to the USA from Naples in the early 1900's and settled on the north shore of Long Island NY. They left behind a sister named Lucy. My mother in law had only oral family history, so my spellings of the towns may be off.
If you have any information on either the family or the town, I'd love to hear form you!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Forgione of Avolino?

Post by suanj »

kgl wrote:Looking for any information on the Forgione family from Torella,Avolino. Michael, Frank, Nicholas, and Joseph emmigrtated to the USA from Naples in the early 1900's and settled on the north shore of Long Island NY. They left behind a sister named Lucy. My mother in law had only oral family history, so my spellings of the towns may be off.
If you have any information on either the family or the town, I'd love to hear form you!
Hi :this town is Torella dei Lombardi-Avellino province-Campania region.
Currently are 12 Forgione families in Torella dei Lombardi:
http://paginebianche.virgilio.it/pb/cer ... 3&cc=84550&
regards, suanj
kgl

Post by kgl »

Thanks! This is the first time I've been able to get any info on this name. My mother-in-law's parents emmigrated in the early 1900's, and I found some info at the Ellis Island site. Are there any churches that would keep records?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi: is this parish in Torella dei Lombardi:
---------------
Chiesa "S. Maria del Popolo"
83057 Torella dei Lombardi (AV)
Italy
--------
or also for your search of documents, in Common:

Ufficio di Stato Civile