Help finding 1930 census

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
adamf
Rookie
Rookie

Help finding 1930 census

Postby adamf » 31 May 2009, 18:37

I cannot for the life of me find the 1930 census for a relative, Thomas Buffo.

Thomas "Tomaso" Buffo was born in Pratiglione, Italy on 22 Sept. 1865 to Louis Buffo and Minnie ?, and died 13 Dec 1942 in Mark, Putnam County, Illinois.

I have his 1900, 1910, and 1920 census records. In 1900, he lived in Spring Valley, IL, 1910 in Westfield, Bureau County, IL, 1920 in Granville, Putnam County, IL.

His wife was Esther/Ernestine and she died Sept. 21, 1950.

According to Thomas' obit, he and Esther lived in Mark, Putnam County, Illinois for 25 years prior to his death. But I have looked at every entry in the village of Mark's census and cannot find him or his wife. I've also looked at all the entries in the Granville, IL census with no luck.

I need some fresh eyes on this. Thanks for any help you can give.

Adam

Any help would be much appreciated.

nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: Help finding 1930 census

Postby nuccia » 03 Jun 2009, 04:33

Hmm..I looked around for a bit as well without any luck. Will keep looking, though.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Gente di Mare
Gente Italian Genealogy Forum
Extractions of various Comuni in Reggio

TomG
Rookie
Rookie

Postby TomG » 03 Jun 2009, 13:22

Have you checked the Steve Morse website http://stevemorse.org/ He has info on the census records and lots of other genealogy info. I've found so much information of all kinds on his web pages.

adamf
Rookie
Rookie

Postby adamf » 03 Jun 2009, 23:47

Thanks Nuccia and Tom. Tom, I think steve morse's site is great. he didn't help me on this particular search, but hes helped me before.

Its strange as I've been able to find pretty much everything else available for them. This missing 1930 census is just such a glaring omission, I can't figure it out. The handwriting and quality of the census records in that area is relatively clear as well. So I'm guessing it may me a mistranscription. Or they were simply missed by the census taker. although both seem unlikely. i guess i will slowly increase the radius of my search and go through each census in all the surrounding communities.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”