Valledolma or Valledorma

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Tonal
Rookie
Rookie

Valledolma or Valledorma

Postby Tonal » 11 Jun 2009, 02:47

Is there a town called Valledorma? When I asked my husband's grandmother where in Italy she was born, she said, "Villarba", but I thought it was Villalba. She said that her husband's family was from "Valledorma", but because of a dialect, people have said that she probably meant, Valledolma.

What are your thoughts on this?

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Valledolma or Valledorma

Postby wldspirit » 11 Jun 2009, 07:18

Possibilities:

Sardegna SASSARI VALLEDORIA

Sicilia PALERMO VALLEDOLMO

Using this Italian Towns , you can do a partial search on a name, begins with or exact name.

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

nazca
Elite
Elite

Re: Valledolma or Valledorma

Postby nazca » 11 Jun 2009, 17:46

Hi,
Valledolmo e Villalba are two sicilian towns (from wikipedia):

Villalba (Sicilian: Villarba) is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Caltanissetta in the Italian region Sicily, located about 51 km northwest of Caltanissetta, about 98 km southeast of Palermo and 68 km from Agrigento. As of 31 December 2004, it had a population of 1,852 and an area of 41.5 km².[1] It rises over an internal hilly area, 620 meters above sea-level.

The name Villalba has Spanish origins, and it means "the white city" because of town's white houses. Villalba is known for the cultivation of cereals, grapes, vegetables, tomatoes, and lentils. The Sagra del Pomodoro (tomato festival) is held every year in the month of August.

Valledolmo (Sicilian: Vaddilurmu) is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Palermo in the Italian region Sicily, located about 60 km southeast of Palermo. As of 31 December 2004, it had a population of 4,017 and an area of 25.8 km²

Best regards
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).

Return to “Italian Genealogy”