D'Agostino, Lazaran (Galzerano), Rizzo Families

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jalibertini

D'Agostino, Lazaran (Galzerano), Rizzo Families

Postby jalibertini » 20 Jun 2009, 19:12

Looking for information on the D'Agostino, Lazaran (Galzerano), Rizzo families from Prignano Cilento, Salerno. Some members of these families immigrated to Fayette County, Pennsylvania in the early 1900's.

vj
Master
Master

Re: D'Agostino, Lazaran (Galzerano), Rizzo Families

Postby vj » 20 Jun 2009, 19:55

Welcome to the Forum!
We'd all be happy to help.
Which family members were you looking for?
(Name, spouse, siblings, birth dates, etc)
Do you have all of your US census, military registration & ship manifests?
Thanks!
Valarie

jalibertini

Postby jalibertini » 20 Jun 2009, 20:33

My grandfather Nicola D'Agostino was born in Prignano Cilento about 04 Jun 1896 and immigrated to the U.S. in 1911. From information that I was given, his parents were Girolamo D'Agostino and Maria Giuseppa Rizzo. Nicola had a brother named Alfonso and a sister named Teresa. Alfonso was born in Prignano about 23 Oct 1878 and immigrated to the U.S. in 1901. He married 1st Caterina 'Di Concilio?' DE CONCILIIS (b. c1878, d. bef 1908) about 1901 probably in Prignano and 2nd Angelina Galzerano , daughter of Michele Galzerano and Carmelia 'Mary' DE CONCILIIS in 1908. Teresa was born in Prignano about 09 May 1899 and immigrated to the U.S. in 1920. She married Nicola Rizzo, son of Carmine 'Louis' Rizzo and Maria Rosa Amendola. Michele Galzerano and Carmelia 'Mary' DE CONCILIIS were born in Prignano on 14 Jan 1857 and 04 Mar 1857 respectively. Carmine 'Louis' Rizzo and Maria Rosa Amendola were born in Prignano on 04 Oct 1870 and Abt. 1875 respectively.

vj
Master
Master

Postby vj » 20 Jun 2009, 21:34

Thank you for the updated information :D .
It appears you have found your grandfather's 1920 (Detroit) & 1930 (Fayette County PA) census & his WWI military registration.
Are you missing any US records for your other family members?
Have you done any research into your family's records in Italy?
Thank you, Valarie
---

Although it appears that the Family History Library doesn't have microfilmed records for Prignano Cilento,
you can write to the comune for records (if you haven't already)

Italian form letter generator with instructions:
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

Address:

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Prignano Cilento
Piazza Municipio 1
84060 Prignano Cilento SA
ITALY
http://www.nonsolocap.it/campania/85-prignano-cilento/

Website for finding comune addresses:
http://www.nonsolocap.it/

jalibertini

Postby jalibertini » 05 Jul 2009, 19:21

Valarie, Sorry for the delay in responding. I believe that I have just about all the immigration and census records info available for the D'Agostino branch of the family except for any immigration information pertaining to Carmelia 'Mary' De Conciliis, wife of Michele Galzerano. The passenger list for S.S. Re D’Italia which sailed from Naples July 30, 1908 and arrived at New York indicates that she did not accompany her husband and children to the U.S. at that time. The 1910 Franklin Township and 1920 Luzerne Township Census records for Fayette County, Pennsylvania state that she immigrated to the U.S. in 1884 and 1895 respectively. To date, I have located two previous ships passenger records for Michele Galzerano. They are the S. S. Columbia which arrived at New York 13 April 1883 (M. Galzerano) and the S. S. Werra which arrived at New York 7 March 1895 (Michele Galzerano). They both indicate that he traveled alone. Any suggestions? As for acquiring records from Italy, I haven't written for any records from there in many years. I made several attempts while researching my Abruzzo ancestors without success. However, I am willing to try again and hope for the best. Thanks again for the response and info. - Jim

tracy3

Postby tracy3 » 09 Aug 2009, 14:10

Hello, I am new to the forum, but I believe I may be part of the Lazaran (Galzerano) branch you are researching. My grandfather was James Ronald Lazaran (Galzerano) the son of Michael Vincent Galzerano, who came here from Prignano Cilento at the turn of the century and lived in Uniontown, Fayette County. I am just now starting to do some searching and would be grateful for any tips.

Thanks,

Tracy3

jalibertini

Postby jalibertini » 09 Aug 2009, 16:18

Hi Tracy, You are definately related to these families. Your grandfather James was married to my grandmother's sister, Violet Caton. I believe that makes you a second cousin. Have lots of info and photos and will be glad to exchange. Thanks for your reply. - Jim.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”