Frank n Rose

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
datt

Frank n Rose

Postby datt » 08 Jul 2009, 09:46

hello :lol: i am looking to obtain the birth certificates for my papa and nona. They were both from the province of Puglia. My father (deceased) wrote in my baby book they were born in Rhodes Italy in 1895 and 1901 (i have their exact birthdates). Now since the island of rhodes was not part of italy until 1912 and knowing they were from puglia im guessing they were born in rodi garganico. I have my paternal great grandparents (franks' parents) names but not my maternal great grandparents (rosalbas' parents) names. does anyone know if i will need more information to request their birth certificates? if so what and how do i get it? what is the address of the registrar of vital statistics for someone born in rodi garganico? i am grateful for any advice on obtaining these birth certificates. :roll:

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Frank Dattilio / Rosalba Martello

Postby PeterTimber » 08 Jul 2009, 23:55

Go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/Da ... tters.html and mail form letter to Rodi Garganico...

Go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in Rodi Garganico on top, click CERCA and when zip code, Rodi Garganico, FG (province initials) and region come up put your arrown on Rodi Garganico and a webpage will come up. Scroll dfown to Municipio for the address to the Ufficio di Stato Civile there, Via Papa Giovanni XX111, 71012, Rodi Garganico (FG) Puglia, Italy.

Its free of charge. Enclose a self addressed envelope. =Peter=
~Peter~

pink67
Master
Master

Postby pink67 » 09 Jul 2009, 06:26

Or, as you know the exact birth dates why don't search first by yourself in the civil registrations microfilmed by the Mormons and then (if you'll find them) ask for the documents?

Here is the link to find your nearest Family History Center:

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... et_fhc.asp

and here is the link to see the registrations they have:
Nati = Births
Morti = Deaths
Matrimoni = Marriages
Pubblicazioni = Marraige Banns

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... o+civile++

Good luck!
Laura

datt

Postby datt » 23 Jul 2009, 04:03

i am applying for jure sanguinis. i dont think the mormon records are acceptable legal documents to the italian government. are they?

pink67
Master
Master

Postby pink67 » 23 Jul 2009, 06:48

No, you're right.. they aren't.
You have to request to the Comunes the "Estratto dell'Atto di nascita in modello plurilingue" for that pourpose

Laura

datt

Postby datt » 24 Jul 2009, 23:33

i went to the family history center at the mormon church and they were not of any help whatsoever. They went on the internet to ancestory.com to look up my grandparents. They did not have any interest in helping me with the mormon microfilm. I dont think they knew how to actually.

datt

Postby datt » 24 Jul 2009, 23:41

laura, when u say request to the Comunes the "Estratto dell'Atto di nascita in modello plurilingue" that is a request to the clerk of records in the birth town for the certificates, yes?

Return to “Italian Genealogy”