Cravetto family in Torino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
samljones

Cravetto family in Torino

Postby samljones » 12 Jul 2009, 17:14

I'm looking for any advice on how to research my great grandfathers family - Tomas Cravetto. The only info I have is that he lived in Torino and he came over to North wales at some point before 1911. He married over here and all I have is his fathers name as Anton Cravetto - resturant owner ( deceased) on the marriage cert. Unfortunately thats it!! Any suggetions on where to start would be gratefully appreciated! Many thanks, Sam.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Cravetto family in Torino

Postby PeterTimber » 12 Jul 2009, 21:11

Tomaso Cravetto, born 1887, Italy was in 1911 census and resided in Conway district, carnarvonshire, England. Since that would have made him 24 and that may indicate he had already served his military obligation to Italy.

Send e-mail to AS-TO segretaria@beniculurali.it and request if his militaryconscription records are available and archived in Torino Provincial military archives. There are 2 addresses for Archivio di Stato di Torino and also request address to submit request for his records.

Go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/saviello2.html for form letters in Italian under Conscription records.
=Peter=
~Peter~

samljones

Re: Cravetto family in Torino

Postby samljones » 13 Jul 2009, 08:16

Wow!! Thank you so much! I'll have a good look at that tonight and let you know how I get on! I presume at that time all men had to do military service?I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks again, Sam.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”