Angino's from Montaguto Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
aschi1999

Re: Angino's from Montaguto Italy

Post by aschi1999 »

Hello Cholcomb,
May Name is Antonio Schiavone and lat week met Antonio Angino in Montaguto, he is aware of your post. Unfortunately, he doesn't speak English and has difficulties in communicating with you. If you email to my handle + alice.it I can try to help your communicating. Antonio's father Rocco had several siblings. Among them, Alfredo, a still living sister that embraced a religious life. Antonio mentioned also Crescenza, Alfredo and Rocco's half-sister, that emigrated to US in 1924.
Regards,
Antonio
HOOTOWL

Post by HOOTOWL »

cholcomb wrote:I am looking for any information about my father's family. To the best of my knowledge, my great grandfather was Antonio Angino and his wife was Beatrice Domenica. They were born in Montaguto Italy in the late 1800's. My grandfather was Alfred Angino and he immigrated to the US in 1921. My grandmother's mother was a Bruno also from Montaguto. Any information abouth the family in Italy or decents thereof would be most appreciated.
You're pretty much describing my family also - MY grandfather was Alfred Angino and MY grandmothers mother was a BRUNO both from Montaguto. same family - I'm guessing you're a cousin I haven't talked or spoken with in MANY years..... My father's name was Donald - are we related?? :)
logansmommy415

Post by logansmommy415 »

Hello,

For my husband's uncle we are hoping to make them a family tree for Christmas. I have been searching for family history and this blog pretty much helped me the most so far! Francis Angino was my husbands great grandfather It sounds like your family maybe related to my husbands since they worked on/began the farm. We live in Boston and I'd love to get more information from you!!

Thank you,
Heather
HOOTOWL

Post by HOOTOWL »

I actually have a partial family tree so I'll have to check this evening to see if there's a Francis on there. There is another branch of Angino's associated with the Angino Farm in Newton Mass. They are distant cousins of mine and possibly yours also. I'll get back to you

Lynn Angino
timwhip

Post by timwhip »

My Grandfather, Giuseppe (Joseph) Dominick Bruno, immigrated from Montaguto in 1913. I have much of the family history back to 1850.
suzanneblea

Post by suzanneblea »

My great grandparents were both born in Montaguto, and emigrated to Connecticut via Ellis Island and Brooklyn. My great aunt Jennie Cifaldi came with my great grandmother, Maria Marinaccio, at age 12 in 1920. My great grandfather, Domenico Cifaldi, had come over in 1905 and again in 1909 and they came to find him (it's a long story)! Other ancestor names I've found are Anzivino and Borelli.

Did I read that someone has a family tree of the residents of Montaguto??

I'd love any information you have on Montaguto and it's history, as well as any other families originating there, and any family research others have done on the village. Nearby village of Greci has quite the website, and I wondered if anything like this is being gathered for Montaguto.

Suzanne
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

I remember playing at the Newton Farm when I was a little boy. Ernesto Angino is my Grandfather and Crescenzo Angino is my Great-Grandfather (who I'm named after). I love my grandfather dearly and look up to him to this day. I'm sure I'm related to most of you and probably had at least one family meal at Ernest's with some that have posted here. I see this thread goes back to 2009. I recently discovered the wealth of information about the Angino family available online as provided by Leona Palmer at http://tomstair.blogspot.com/ . I can't thank her enough for that. I can hardly wait to visit Newton again. I'll kiss the the ground my ancestors tilled when I do.

A little shout out. Ernest Angino was an athletic, kind, hard working man. The last time I saw Jerry he was working in the field on the Newton Farm, despite being ancient by my standards as a child. Auntie Rose and Julia cooked so much food you'd think it was family reunion. Looking back now I realize that it was. I hope to visit the Newton Farm soon. My Grandfather Ernesto is an inspiration to me daily. I aspire to be the man he was at 82.. so youthful and full of heart.

Christopher Angino
straniero3

Post by straniero3 »

Egr. Signore Schiavone: Mi chiamo Joseph Morley e l'anno scorso, legevo il suo libro, "Quando in America si parlava Montagutese". Era incredibile a trovare tanti nomi che conoscevo quando ero piccolo - Bruno, Defuria, Schiavone, Angino, Cifaldi, etc. Sono da Youngstown, Ohio, Brier Hill. Mio nonno era Antonio Delmonte e la nonna era Anna Garofalo. Adesso, sono in Italia a fare la ricerca sulla mia famiglia da Montaguto. Parlavo due volte con Signore Antonio Angino e leggevo il suo libro riguardo Montaguto.

Signore Angino mi diceva che Lei e' a Milano adesso. Sarebbe possibile a parlare con Lei quando e' disponibile? Potrei andare a Milano senza problemma. I miei parenti da lontano includono Pucci, Angino, Schiavone, Cifaldi, Carchia, Serluca, Tozzi. Anche ho fatto la DNA per mia nonna in Dicembre 29-015. I risultati sono interessante, con le radici in Germania (forse durante il periodo dei Valdesi) e i paesi balcanici.

Cordiali saluti,

Joseph Morley
aschi1999

Post by aschi1999 »

Ciao Joseph,
Mi farebbe piacere conoscerti e scambiare dati su persone di Montaguto. Puoi contattarmi al seguente indirizzo email: aschi1999@alice.it.
A risentirci presto.
Antonio