Sicilians in Argentina - SPADARO Family - What resources?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Bette
Veteran
Veteran

Sicilians in Argentina - SPADARO Family - What resources?

Postby Bette » 15 Jul 2009, 23:12

What resources are there on the internet for searching for Sicilians who immigrated to Argentina? I have already exhausted the CEMLA web site, but is there anything besides that? For example, cemeteries on-line, birth records or marriage records on-line? If the Sicilian immigrant went to Buenos Aires, which district did he settle in?

Seeking the descendants of Carmelo Spadaro, born 1883 in Valguarnera, Caltanissetta (now part of Enna), Sicily, the son of Domenico Spadaro and Anna Pellegrino. Immigrated to Argentina approximately between 1903 - 1909. Married in Argentina and had some children (gender unknown).

Bette

daddymuzza
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Sicilians in Argentina - SPADARO Family - What resources

Postby daddymuzza » 16 Jul 2009, 11:02

This site ..... http://213.212.128.168/radici/ie/defaultie.htm has the following information on Carmelo Spadaro who entered Argentina in 1906

Name
CARMELO

Parentela
X

Sex
M

Marital status
Celibe/Nubile

Occupation
BARBIERE

Religion
CATOLICA

Port of embarkment
GENOVA

Name of the ship
SIENA

Date of arrival
19-08-1906

Literacy
Non sa

Travel compartment
Terza
if yer no fast yer last !!!

Bette
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Bette » 17 Jul 2009, 02:25

I am so surprised that this site is up and running. It was disabled for a very long time or maybe the web address had changed and I kept using the old address. But, I sure am glad you wrote. There were actually several SPADARO, SPATARO and even a SPODARO who are shown on this site. Although Carmelo Spadaro's actual birthdate doesn't match up exactly, I am still considering that he is one of them. Now the problem is, where did he settle? Where did he get married and to whom? Who are the children he had? And where are they today? This is an ongoing brick wall and I wish there were more resources on the internet to find this family. I was hoping that after all these years maybe some new sites have shown up. So if anyone is reading this who can help, please do. Thank you, again.
Bette

daddymuzza
Veteran
Veteran

Postby daddymuzza » 17 Jul 2009, 14:01

Hi Bette
Have you tried joining facebook , My family group on there has 280 members of the same surname from all around the world
A search on facebook for the surname Spadaro shows over 500 results

The facebook group Spadaro in the world has 179 members

http://www.facebook.com/s.php?q=Spadaro ... init=quick
if yer no fast yer last !!!

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 17 Jul 2009, 14:17

Dear Bette there is a website for Argentina families in English, French and Spanish whicvh can assist you. it is a paying website but if you do not know spanish and need asssistance beyond the ordinary then it pays whatever it is... The site is www.familias-argentinas.com.ar

If you have any other questions that youmay have please let us know since I am fluent in spanish and Italian and have a few websites. There are others who reside in B.A. and other parts who are johnny onthe spot down there and can also assist. =Peter=
~Peter~

Bette
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Bette » 19 Jul 2009, 12:25

Thank you Daddymuzza and Peter Timber...

Daddymuzza...I have posted something on the Spadaro website in Facebook (Carmelo's photograph).

Peter...not a Spadaro or Spataro in site on the www.familias-argentinas.com.ar web site. However there was an Espadaro. Thank you for your help and offer to translate. For sure I would need help with translations.

Have a nice day!
Bette

Return to “Italian Genealogy”