Angelo Dondero 1842 - ??????

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Angelo Dondero 1842 - ??????

Postby AMDP476 » 18 Jul 2009, 01:14

Hi, I am new to this site and hope that you can help. I have hit a huge brick wall trying to find my great-grandfather's death and naturalization records.

Angelo Dondero was probably born in Torriglia Italy about 1842 and immigrated to Reno Nevada from Torriglia in 1905. He died between 1910 and 1927 but I can't find any record of his death. I have checked all the local churches, cemeteries and mortuaries plus written the state for his death certificate to no avail. There is also an article in the 1914 paper that an Angelo Dondero became a citizen on March 21st but again when I write the state archives there is no record of this either. I am beginning to think that he may have returned to Italy. The 1920 Census lists his wife Colomba as widowed, this has been crossed off and replaced with married. When she passed away in 1927 they list her as a widow.

Is there any place that I can find out who immigrated to Italy from the USA? Can I write to the commune for a death certificate without knowing his date of birth and death? Would his children's birth certificates list his date and place of birth?

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Angelo Dondero 1842 - ??????

Postby PeterTimber » 18 Jul 2009, 01:28

Send your request to the census offfice in Torriglia.
Go to the website for form letter request at ... tters.html and send to the Uffico Anagrafe in Torriglia. If his wife was a widow when she died then a decade range is the most that I seem to recall they will check out.=Peter=

Return to “Italian Genealogy”