Marriage Certificate - Sabato DiLorenzo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Felitti-Trimarco
Rookie
Rookie

Marriage Certificate - Sabato DiLorenzo

Postby Felitti-Trimarco » 18 Jul 2009, 01:46

Hello everyone!

I'm having trouble locating a marriage certificate for a possible relative of mine named Sabato DiLorenzo. Sabato was from Salerno originally, but I believe that he was first married in the United States, New York City (Manhattan probably). I have a good deal of information on him and his family from going through Ancestry.com. I find him living in the Bronx in the 1930's with a large family (eldest son was Gabriel DiLorenzo). The 1930 census listed his wife as being named Adele. However, I just received a marriage certificate for his oldest son (born around 1900) and the mother is listed as Filomena DiLorenzo, and then Filomena Fride (although the last name is not really legible). Then it appears that the name Filomena is crossed out and then replaced with what looks like "Peppina". In any event, this has me somewhat confused, because I'm sure this document is correct for the person I think it is.

I've searched the marriage certificate lists on www.italiangen.... but couldn't come up with any Sabato DiLorenzo certificates. Anyone have any ideas for me on where I might find this document? The experts on this site always seem to have a way in turning up unusual name variants etc so I thought that I would give it a try. Again, the names in question are: Sabato DiLorenzo, of NYC around 1900, likely married to Adele (last name unknown), although I am not 100% certain of the wife.

THANKS SO MUCH!

-FT :? :) :D

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Marriage Certificate - Sabato DiLorenzo

Postby PeterTimber » 18 Jul 2009, 02:13

I have SABINO DI LORENZO marrying ADALENA RIGAMONTI August 22, 1903 in Manhattan, NYC Its close and perhaps....=Peter=
~Peter~

Felitti-Trimarco
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Felitti-Trimarco » 18 Jul 2009, 02:17

Hello! Thank you for the reply. Yes, I saw this certificate and ordered it. I received it last week and very interestingly the certificate arrived but the grooms name wasn't Sabino or anything even close. The brides name was however correct. This was very confusing and I'm still hoping to find Sabato's certificate. I've read that sometimes Sabato can be translated as "Samuel" but this hasn't helped thus far. I don't find any Samuel DiLorenzo's.

Thanks for the help though!!!

very best wishes,

FT

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 18 Jul 2009, 12:42

Dear FT Genealogy is where you confuse the dead and irritate the living!! Hang in there!. =Peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Italian Genealogy”