Vincelli family from Casacalenda

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nixie

Vincelli family from Casacalenda

Post by nixie »

Hi! I'm a new member and new to genealogy research and was hoping for any help that I can get. I'm trying to trace back my mother's family to fill in many holes that my grandmother doesn't know/can't remember... I have the history once the family came to America but I've hit a dead end once I get back to Italy.

As far back as I can get is when my gr. grandfather passed though Ellis Island on his way to Minnesota...

Nicola Maria Vincelli was 22 when he passed though ellis island on March 13th 1921 from Casacalenda (I don't know if he was born in 1898 or 1899). The document said his father was Luigi. That's as far as I have. (I have a copy of the passenger manifest from ellis island)

Could anyone point me in the right direction on how I would go about the next steps? At the moment I'm not looking for anyone real in depth, I'm just working on names and dates
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Vincelli family from Casacalenda

Post by wldspirit »

You have the name of the father, and the birth year +/- 1, send for the birth extract which should list additional details for you to follow:

Comune di CASACALENDA

Provincia di CAMPOBASSO

Indirizzo (address) : CORSO ROMA 78

C.A.P. (zipcode) : 86043

Telefono : 0874 - 841456

Fax : 0874 - 0874 844010

E-mail : comunecasacalenda@libero.it

Sito Web : comune.casacalenda.cb.it

You can use the following form letter:

interactive letter

or this one:

Italian letter writing guide

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

From the Casacalenda records....

Nicola Maria Vincelli was born on 7 Feb 1898 to
Luigi Vincelli, age 28, (son of Nicola Maria who is dead) and his wife
Elisa Laurienzo.

Luigi and Eliza married on 24 Nov 1891 in Matrice, a town north east of the city of Campobasso. They married in Matrice, and the record in that comune is #9. A copy is in the Casacalenda records and stated that Luigi was age 21 at marriage and son of the late Nicola Maria Vincelli and his wife, Giuletta Piperni. Eliza Laurienzo was age 25 and the daughter of the late Luigi Larienzo and his wife Marta Cornacchione. (Cornacchione is a surname found in Casacalenda)

Luigi was born on 22 Jan 1869 to
Nicola Maria Vincelli, age 30 (son of the late Giuseppe Vincelli) and to his wife
Giuletta Peperni (daughter of the late Domenico Piperni)

Giuletta Piperni was born on 22 Jul 1838 in Casacalenda to
Domeinico Piperni, age 31 and son of Vincenzo Piperni, and of his wife
Rachael diVito, age 30.

That is all the time I had today as I had a lucheon appointment. I am leaving town in the next couple of days so it might be late next week before I get back to find more.

Cannot help further with the Matrice records.

There is, however, some naturalization paperwork for him in the state of Michigan:

Name: Nicola Vincelli
Birth Date: 7 Feb 1898
State: Michigan
Locality, Court: Detroit, District Court
Title: Index Cards to Naturalization Petitions for the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, Southern Division, Detroit, 1907-1995
Description: V-520 Vankooy, Jan-V-536 Van Torre, Flora
Series: M1917

You can probably obtain a copy of the Petition and it will include more information for you.

Back later when I have more...have a great evening
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Essgee.......you have access to these records? If so, could I add you to the website I am building in regard to records available online and for volunteer researchers??
Lee

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

Of course, wldspirit! Would be happy to help. Also have a lot from Ritpabottoni and a couple of films from Piane Crati.
nixie

Post by nixie »

Essgee. I can't thank you enough. I havn't checked back to the site since I posted my request. I was distracted by reseaching the other side of the family. (which is much easier).

this opens a whole new path for me. I can't thank you enough!!
Vincellin

Post by Vincellin »

My father is Giovanni Vincelli and my mother Elisa Caruso - I do not know where to start the history on both there last names - they were both born in Casacalenda Italy -
I wish when I was back there in 1974 that I would have done more searhing! :cry:
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

We can access records in Casacalenda up to the year 1900. If you can give us the names of grandparents or great-grandparents that might have been born prior to 1900, we can help with some of the records. We need some idea of a date of birth, marriage or death.

In what years were your parents born? Do you have the name of the parents of each of them?

In order to start looking, you should be contacting uncles, aunts, parents, cousins, etc that can help you fill in some of the information. Then you can move backwards in time to connect to other generations. We can help, but we do need to get back to 1900. Often the names of the children will help identify the line they came from. Any additional information you can provide on your parents, their siblings, their parents will help considerably.

Let us know and we will see what we can find.
DonnaMariaL

Post by DonnaMariaL »

In reading the posts in this thread I was wondering if anything was discovered of Maria Vincelli (born approx 1904-ish) from Casacalenda. She was widowed after having 3 children and I have been told her husband was a forest ranger of some sort and was shot in an accident). She worked for a very prominent gynecologist named Francesco Ricci and was one of his housekeepers. He and Maria had a relationship (the Dr. was married but I don't know if he was also widowed) and Maria got pregnant at approx age 40 with her 4th child, my mother, who was then put up for adoption. The Dr was 70 when he got Maria pregnant with my mother. We have some info on The Dr. Ricci, but can't get any info on Maria. Any info would be great!