Teano Italy Iacobelli and Grella

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
TeanoMan

Teano Italy Iacobelli and Grella

Postby TeanoMan » 21 Jul 2009, 17:58

My greatgrandparents came over to the USA several times before staying here. Each time my GGrandfather (Vincenzo Iacobelli) came he listed residence as Teano, with his mother's name as Eugenia. Each time my GGMother (Assunta Grella) came she listed it as Teano. All the Grella brothers who came listed Teano also. So, I am looking for Grella and Iacobelli from Teano Italy (about 30-40 minutes north of Napoli). My grandfather even told me as a kid, we are from a small town outside Napoli, so you wouldn't know it even if I told you...

Assunta first came to US in 1898 to visit her brother Domenico Grella. She was a single woman at the time. She returned to Italy (Does anyone know if there are arrival records in Napoli for ships coming in from NYC?) and then went back to NY with Vincenzo Iacobelli as his wife in 1900. In 1911, Assunta/Vincenzo and five boys (all of my grandfather's brothers) returned to NY. I was told that my GGFather Vincenzo had a business in Italy, so he kept going back. Finally, he went back and never returned. Why? Never said... he died, got sick, left the family (I doubt it). Another man, Mr. Oliveri, came back to NY and raised my grandfathers family. Ring any bells?

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Teano Italy Iacobelli and Grella

Postby PeterTimber » 21 Jul 2009, 19:31

The only arrival/departure records MAY be archived in the Teano Anagrafe (Census office) ufficio where people who resided and left and returned may have been recorded in local or national census rolls. There are no records of passenger arrrivals into Italy that I am aware of save for possible census.

You may wish to send a form letter in Italian to the Teano Uffico Anagrafe. Go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/it ... tters.html and send to address located in www.nonsolocap.it (type in,click cerca,click on Teano name and when website comes up scroll down to Municipio for address) =Peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Italian Genealogy”