Families fro Grumento Nova

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Families fro Grumento Nova

Postby tosfamily » 24 Jul 2009, 21:43

I'm researching my family which originated in Grumento Nova, Potenza and has now spread to Australia, US (mainly Los Bason, California) & NZ.
The names I am mainly interested in are Toscano, Papaleo, Falasco, DiPierri, Bove, Pugliese, Bianculli

I already have considerably information and would love to get more & share.
tosfamily

Re: Families fro Grumento Nova

Postby meticulousmobile » 14 Dec 2009, 22:22

I have some Bove info from Grumento Nova, let me know some names and dates, or whatever you have and/or need.
Researching Pennella, Liuzzi, Bottini, Casella, LaPosta, Defeudis, Gaudet, Gallant and Parant.
meticulousmobile
Rookie
Rookie

Postby tosfamily » 15 Dec 2009, 06:54

meticulousmobile wrote:I have some Bove info from Grumento Nova, let me know some names and dates, or whatever you have and/or need.

My family tree is posted on my internet site
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/tosfamily/index.htm

How are you connected to Grumento Nova

my email address is tosfamily@optusnet.com.au
tosfamily

Postby Rose243 » 01 Dec 2010, 08:23

Hi, I am looking for family from the area grumento nova also, my great great grandmother carmela Bove. Married to Carlo Nigri OR ( Nigro),
on 30 july 1857,
Rose243

Postby lmalcewi » 09 Sep 2011, 05:42

Here is some information I found for a Papaleo from Potenza who immigrated to Argentina:

Name: PAPALEO, NICOLA Age: 33 Marital Status: S Profession: MECHANICAL Religion: CATOLICA Nationality: ITALIAN Ship: BRASIL Source: GENOVA Arrival Date: 14/06/1948 - BUENOS AIRES Born in: POTENZA

As you can see, the arrival date appears to be a misprint and the month should probably be a 1 or a 4.

I ran across this entry when I was searching for one of my ancestors who possibly ended up in Argentina. I know you did not mention Argentina; however, I wanted to make you aware of this, just in case. I have not ruled him out as my ancestor, but the Nicola Papaleo I am looking for was last known to have lived in Cotronei in Calabria, not Potenza. I know the above entry lists the birth city, but based on other entries I have found, it can also be the town in which they lived in Italy.
lmalcewi

Postby cmm » 27 Oct 2011, 22:15

tosfamily wrote:I'm researching my family which originated in Grumento Nova, Potenza and has now spread to Australia, US (mainly Los Bason, California) & NZ.
The names I am mainly interested in are Toscano, Papaleo, Falasco, DiPierri, Bove, Pugliese, Bianculli

I already have considerably information and would love to get more & share.

Hello tosfamily,
I saw your post about Grumento Nova Italy and Australia and think you and I may share in our family history. My Grandfather was Pasquale Bove (married to Minnie Ferro) from Los Banos, CA. He had several sisters and brothers.Sisters are: Josephine Bove who married Dominic DiPierre Fresno Ca area, Maddelena Bove who married Louis Sarbo Los Banos Ca area, Filomena Bove who migrated to Australia, and Marirosa Bove. Brothers are: Arthur Bove Los Banos Ca area, Gaetano Bove French Riviera area, Alfredo Bove. I would love to share any family information with you.
cmm

Postby Rose243 » 28 Oct 2011, 14:24

Hello above,
Could Your Pasquale Bove be any relation to my Carmela Bove? From Grumento Nova?
Rose243

Postby cmm » 28 Oct 2011, 17:52

Rose243 wrote:Hello above,
Could Your Pasquale Bove be any relation to my Carmela Bove? From Grumento Nova?

Hello Rose243,
Not sure but maybe. Here is what I have on my Grandfathers side:
His parents:
Andrea Bove - 1861
Agnese Di Tommaso (Peluysa) Bove - 1877
His Grandparents:
Pasquale Bove - 1834
Maddalena (Dragotti) Bove - 1841
Ring any bells?
cmm

Postby Rose243 » 30 Oct 2011, 03:46

hi,
I wouldn't have any clues to go on as i only have her name unfortunately and that she married my gr, gr. grandfather. I have only so far researched the other side of my family, thanks anyway
nigro/Nigri
Rose243

9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy