Families fro Grumento Nova

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tosfamily

Families fro Grumento Nova

Postby tosfamily » 24 Jul 2009, 21:43

I'm researching my family which originated in Grumento Nova, Potenza and has now spread to Australia, US (mainly Los Bason, California) & NZ.
The names I am mainly interested in are Toscano, Papaleo, Falasco, DiPierri, Bove, Pugliese, Bianculli

I already have considerably information and would love to get more & share.

meticulousmobile
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Families fro Grumento Nova

Postby meticulousmobile » 14 Dec 2009, 21:22

I have some Bove info from Grumento Nova, let me know some names and dates, or whatever you have and/or need.
Researching Pennella, Liuzzi, Bottini, Casella, LaPosta, Defeudis, Gaudet, Gallant and Parant.

tosfamily

Postby tosfamily » 15 Dec 2009, 05:54

meticulousmobile wrote:I have some Bove info from Grumento Nova, let me know some names and dates, or whatever you have and/or need.

My family tree is posted on my internet site
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/tosfamily/index.htm

How are you connected to Grumento Nova

my email address is tosfamily@optusnet.com.au

Rose243

Postby Rose243 » 01 Dec 2010, 07:23

Hi, I am looking for family from the area grumento nova also, my great great grandmother carmela Bove. Married to Carlo Nigri OR ( Nigro),
on 30 july 1857,

lmalcewi

Postby lmalcewi » 09 Sep 2011, 05:42

Here is some information I found for a Papaleo from Potenza who immigrated to Argentina:

Name: PAPALEO, NICOLA Age: 33 Marital Status: S Profession: MECHANICAL Religion: CATOLICA Nationality: ITALIAN Ship: BRASIL Source: GENOVA Arrival Date: 14/06/1948 - BUENOS AIRES Born in: POTENZA

As you can see, the arrival date appears to be a misprint and the month should probably be a 1 or a 4.

I ran across this entry when I was searching for one of my ancestors who possibly ended up in Argentina. I know you did not mention Argentina; however, I wanted to make you aware of this, just in case. I have not ruled him out as my ancestor, but the Nicola Papaleo I am looking for was last known to have lived in Cotronei in Calabria, not Potenza. I know the above entry lists the birth city, but based on other entries I have found, it can also be the town in which they lived in Italy.

cmm

Postby cmm » 27 Oct 2011, 22:15

tosfamily wrote:I'm researching my family which originated in Grumento Nova, Potenza and has now spread to Australia, US (mainly Los Bason, California) & NZ.
The names I am mainly interested in are Toscano, Papaleo, Falasco, DiPierri, Bove, Pugliese, Bianculli

I already have considerably information and would love to get more & share.

Hello tosfamily,
I saw your post about Grumento Nova Italy and Australia and think you and I may share in our family history. My Grandfather was Pasquale Bove (married to Minnie Ferro) from Los Banos, CA. He had several sisters and brothers.Sisters are: Josephine Bove who married Dominic DiPierre Fresno Ca area, Maddelena Bove who married Louis Sarbo Los Banos Ca area, Filomena Bove who migrated to Australia, and Marirosa Bove. Brothers are: Arthur Bove Los Banos Ca area, Gaetano Bove French Riviera area, Alfredo Bove. I would love to share any family information with you.

Rose243

Postby Rose243 » 28 Oct 2011, 14:24

Hello above,
Could Your Pasquale Bove be any relation to my Carmela Bove? From Grumento Nova?

cmm

Postby cmm » 28 Oct 2011, 17:52

Rose243 wrote:Hello above,
Could Your Pasquale Bove be any relation to my Carmela Bove? From Grumento Nova?

Hello Rose243,
Not sure but maybe. Here is what I have on my Grandfathers side:
His parents:
Andrea Bove - 1861
Agnese Di Tommaso (Peluysa) Bove - 1877
His Grandparents:
Pasquale Bove - 1834
Maddalena (Dragotti) Bove - 1841
Ring any bells?

Rose243

Postby Rose243 » 30 Oct 2011, 02:46

hi,
I wouldn't have any clues to go on as i only have her name unfortunately and that she married my gr, gr. grandfather. I have only so far researched the other side of my family, thanks anyway
nigro/Nigri

Return to “Italian Genealogy”