Seeking info on the Carrano family from (I think) Naples

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
JaneHay

Seeking info on the Carrano family from (I think) Naples

Postby JaneHay » 01 Aug 2009, 20:06

Hi everyone

I'm trying to do my family tree and have an Italian great-grandfather called Gaetano Carrano who was married to Concetta (nee Mansi) who were, I think, from Naples and came to England in the 1890s. Any help anyone can offer about how to get more information about them would be very gratefully received! For example, are Italian censuses available online? Thanks!

Jane

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Seeking info on the Carrano family from (I think) Naples

Postby PeterTimber » 01 Aug 2009, 21:04

If you go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/fr ... earch.html you can familiarize yourself with Italian genealogy making it very easy to know where to go and what to ask.

What about the 1901 census and the 1911 census in merry old england? Have you tried the www.worldvitalrecords.com for name c hecks and www.findmypast.com as well. Have you looked over the www.freeBMD.org.uk websites??

Do you know italian, can you read it? Go to www.paginebianche.it and put in Carrano (followed by Mansi as well) in the first line and Campania region for any concentrations of the name(s) Carrano or Mansi. Also go to www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi and put in names in upper left hand corner for surname distribtuion in Italy.......=Peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Italian Genealogy”