Starting jure sanguinis - requesting translation help

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
maripat

Starting jure sanguinis - requesting translation help

Postby maripat » 07 Aug 2009, 22:05

Hi, everyone. I am just starting my search for family and unfortunately, our family is not that tight knit, so I have quite a bit of work ahead of me. I have no paper work or specific information and what I have found out about my family has all come from Ancestry.com (which has been incredibly helpful, I have to say.)

I think my GGF was born in Perugia and I'd like to write the town for military/birth/marriage information, but I don't speak or write Italian yet. Are there any people on this site that would be willing to translate request for information letters? That would be enormously helpful.

Thank you all so much for any help/advice/tips/ideas to help in the search. I'm very excited about the possibilities!

Maripat

vj
Master
Master

Re: Starting jure sanguinis - requesting translation help

Postby vj » 07 Aug 2009, 22:11

... request for information letters ...

Hello Maripat!

This site has some terrific interactive letters you might like to try:
Il Circolo Calabrese Form Letters

Valarie

maripat

Postby maripat » 07 Aug 2009, 22:31

Hi, Valerie. Thank you for the wonderful link! My only concern is that I'm not only looking for one document, but several and there's no way to really have the automatic form include all that information. But it's a great place to start!

If anyone would like to take the request letter and add the other questions into it for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, everyone!

Maripat

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 07 Aug 2009, 22:56

Dear Maripat each request is separately handled and further military record requests go to the provincial archives while BMD's are in the town of origin. Since there is no fee or fees involved just send individual letters as outlined by Valerie.

Do you have the address for the military records in the provincial capital? =Peter=
~Peter~

vj
Master
Master

Postby vj » 07 Aug 2009, 23:05

maripat wrote:...Are there any people on this site that would be willing to translate request for information letters? That would be enormously helpful...

Yes :D , if you post what you would like translated on the "Italian language, handwriting , script & translations" section of the forum another member may be able to help.

If you want to try the interactive letter you may be able to substitute these form requests (below) for what the interactive letter has.
Valarie
---

For jure sanguinis I believe the correct forms to request would be

Birth Act:
Estratto dell'atto di nascita in modello plurilingue

Marriage Act:
Estratto dell'atto di matrimonio in modello plurilingue

maripat

Postby maripat » 11 Aug 2009, 00:47

Thanks, guys! I appreciate all of your help. I will try and figure out what information I need and then post the form letter with the additions and see what the Italian speakers think.

I really appreciate everyone's willingness to help. :)

signoretti
Rookie
Rookie

Postby signoretti » 11 Aug 2009, 15:00

What was your great grandfathers surname?
I have been researching my great grandfather too. I like you came from a not tight knit family. My ggf was born in Perugia, Citta di Castello.
I had no information on him and found alot on ancestry also.
I am in the process of dual citizenship and am halfway there!! So exciting!!!! Our story sounds kind of familiar.
Just curious on the surname :)
Thanks~
Emily
Researching Surnames:
Signoretti, Serroni, Moretti (Citta di Castello)
Ravetta, Clerici, Motta, Colli (Novara)

maripat

Postby maripat » 11 Aug 2009, 17:05

Hi, Emily.

My family name is Finetti and my great grandfather's name was Francesco. He converted that to Frank once in America. He was married with a few children before coming to the US and his wife's name, once she arrived, was Rose.

It is a very exciting prospect, finding out where I come from and even more so, gaining Italian citizenship. On my trip to Italy a few years ago, it just felt like home... I would love to live and work there.

m

Return to “Italian Genealogy”