Picinisco-Capocci

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
CapocciGirl

Picinisco-Capocci

Postby CapocciGirl » 08 Aug 2009, 19:43

I am looking for information on a Capocci Line that originated in Picinisco, Italy. Domenico (b: abt 1888) and Donato (b: abt 1881) Capocci are sons of a Pasquale and Franchesca Capocci. I believe that there were more siblings but I am having difficulty finding any more information. Domenico supposedly returned to Italy where he died of an illness fairly early (possibly TB). I would like to confirm parantage of Domenico and find more siblings if there are any.

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Picinisco-Capocci

Postby Italysearcher » 09 Aug 2009, 14:30

This family is NOT found in the 1853-1890 parish census of Picinisco. Try Villa Latina, Vallegrande, Atina, Gallinaro, Settefrati.
There were no families headed by a Pasquale and Francesca.
There were no families that had a Domenico AND and Donato.
There was only one Donato born after 1853 and he did not have a father Pasquale OR a brother Domenico.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

CapocciGirl

Postby CapocciGirl » 09 Aug 2009, 19:53

Italy Searcher
I really don't have proof that they came from Picinisco other than the recount of family. It seems you know how to find this information, how would i go about finding such information? I have seen a lot of Capocci families arrive from Picinsco and Atina. There is also known family members from Settefrati from the Frattaroli side of my family. Help advise on how to research in Italy from the US is greatly appreciated.

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Postby Italysearcher » 09 Aug 2009, 19:58

I have developed a good relationship with the local priest who gives me access to the parish records. Settefrati parish records are non existent before 1900. Most priests in this area won't do research unless you have the date. You need the Bishops OK to search in Villa Latina and Vallegrande (I am still waiting after one year) Unless the Mormons have microfilmed the records there is no way to search from the US that I am aware for the records after 1865 other than writing to the town.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

LaBud
Veteran
Veteran

Postby LaBud » 09 Aug 2009, 20:43

Hi CapocciGirl and welcome to a great place. :)

I am far from a pro at this stuff even with trying to put pieces of a puzzle together for 30 yrs.
I just read your post and you don't say where your relatives arrived, so I did a quick check and found this. Not sure if this is helpful to you at all.
I just see one brother coming over to stay at another brother's and the names are the same as what you listed.

If you post more info, there are so many wonderful people here that are willing to help out. I'm proof of that. :D

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0016

Ciao, LaBud

tiber

Postby tiber » 31 Jul 2010, 22:25

Giuseppina Capocci , died at the age of 77 (29-05-1944)

Father: Leonardo Capocci
Mother: Serafina Riozzi
Married to: Antonio Benedetto Fusco
City: Delft , the Netherlands

Giuseppina was born in Picinisco.

tiber

Postby tiber » 31 Jul 2010, 22:26

Giuseppina Capocci , died at the age of 77 (29-05-1944)

Father: Leonardo Capocci
Mother: Serafina Riozzi
Married to: Antonio Benedetto Fusco
City: Delft , the Netherlands

Giuseppina was born in Picinisco.

madeline riozzi

Postby madeline riozzi » 18 Jul 2012, 07:04

Hi my grandfather pasquale riozzi was reportedly from picinisco and was married to angelina franzione they had immigrated ewith other brothers abd familis. but had several children i believe all born there. My dad was fransidco and he had 10 children born in liverpool eng. I am his youngest and 10 th child. My grandmother angelina franzione died after my dad was born i heard they where originally bound for ellis island but grandmotherwas sick so plans changed and they went to francd eventally docked in lpool. I desperately want to find anyone who remembers their story of immigrating as my grandmother,s family may never know her youngest son fransisco had 10 kids. I often wonder if anyone ever speaks of them and wonders.? Please contact me if you have any information i now ilve in usa have 6 cngildren and want my kids to know where their grandparents came from

Return to “Italian Genealogy”