Termini/ Chincarini in or near Verona. Settled in PA.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
painky

Termini/ Chincarini in or near Verona. Settled in PA.

Post by painky »

Had a break thru, but now stuck again.

G. grandfather-- Victor Termine or Victor Termini or Vittori Termini (11 May 1878) born in Verona.

Until yesterday, all I had for evidence of this was 1942 WWII draft card listing current address in Indiana, Pennsylvania. Next of kin as Alex Termine in Warren, OH. Knew my side of family later ended up in Armstrong County, PA. Also knew Victor was a coal miner.

Wife was Amelia Berlanda then, but I knew it was her second marriage and assumed it wasn't his first since he was over 40 when they wed.

Yesterday, found 1910 census from Indiana, PA (that was hint #1 that I was on track) that listed Victor Termeno with a wife Stella. Age of 33 on census matched birthdate for Victor near 1878. Also listed an Alexandria as son and 3 daughters. So the Alex from draft card was really his child from first wife! Occupation was listed as coal miner.

Later found passenger list of Stella (Chincarini) Termini, son Alessandro, and two daughters headed to PA thru Ellis Island to meet up with husband. She was from Malcesine and they had lived previously in Northern Verona.

Now trying to fill in pieces both in Italy before they left and in US after. Parents of Victor and Stella?
What happened to Stella and daughters Bonnia (1904), Paulina (1906), and Dusolina (1909) in the US?
Find out if there is other close family in US.
I have been unable to find records for anyone else in the immediate family other than Victor and son Alex.

Thanks in advance.
rmartin

Re: Termini/ Chincarini in or near Verona. Settled in PA.

Post by rmartin »

My grandfather was Vittorio Termine (aka Victor Termine) and my grandmother was Amelia Berlanda. Victor was a coal miner and had been married atleast twice before he married Amelia. He is burried in Indiana, PA. My mother was Stella Termine and she had a twin brother, Albert "Bert" Termine. Bert is deceased. Victor Termine had a son from a previous marriage, Alex Termine who lived in Warren, Ohio. Alex had a son, John Termine and a daughter, Helen Termine. Both John and Helen are deceased. Helen and my mother were the same age and they kept in touch with each other until Helen passed away.
Any information you have regarding Victor Termine would be greatly appreciated.
painky

Post by painky »

Hi, actually, I know who you are! We must be the only people in the family doing research since we always run into each other in some way. I tried to email your friend that was helping you with your research to see how it was going, but I hadn't had any luck. We'll have to exchange information!

I was actually trying to find out more about Victor and his other wives to see who else might be out there carrying the Termine name, etc. The Stella I was referring to wasn't your mom, but instead I found that Victor's wife ( I suppose, first?) that came with him from Italy was also named Stella! It is in the 1910 census, I believe, but the last name is misspelled as Termeno. They were near Indiana, PA. There is also a passenger manifest under the Termini name for Stella and the same kids coming to the US through Ellis Island to meet up with Victor. That would be the mother of Alex and several girls. Kind of funny that Victor later named your mom after his past wife, right?

Anyhow, after that 1910 census, I haven't been able to find any traces of Stella and the girls-- only Alex and his family. So that is what I am working on right now. I would be inclined to think that Stella is buried near Indiana, since that was where they lived last, but I have looked at the cemeteries that have been transcribed and had no luck. I wish PA would get with the times and get the vital records online!
rmartin

Post by rmartin »

My mother knew the sisters as Pauline and Annie. The other sister (cant remember her name) was married to a man named Frank. So it sounds like the info you have is for the right Victor Termine.
I also responded to a query on Ancestry.com regarding Victor Termine. Don't know whether that was you or not. Good luck!
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Don't know if you already have the arrival manifest for Victor, his real name was Vito Termine, he arrived in NY on January 1905 and stated Malcesine as place of last residence in Italy, so (as his wife stated the same place) possible it was also his birth place :?: ...

from Ellisisland.org:

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0009

Laura :D
garypch

Post by garypch »

I've been searching for information on my family, Vassanelli who was from Bussolengo, Italy, near Verona. I had a great, great uncle Antonio Vassanelli who married Carolina Vesentini. They lived in Pittsburgh and he died in 1910.

In researching Carolina, just days ago I discovered that she remarried Victor Termine in 1911. I found a newspaper article from the Indiana Progress on November 22, 1911, which lists Carolina Vassanelli and V. Termina from Heilwood (?) as getting a marriage license. I also located them on the 1920 Census in Redbank Township in Armstrong County. Her name is misspelled but that's her and her son Jack, along with Victor, his son Aleci, and a daughter.

I don't know what happened to Carolina, or where she was buried. I've tracked down her descendants through her first husband Antonio, but none of them know anything much about her. It sounds like she died and then Victor remarried again. If anyone has information about her, I'd love to hear it. If there's anything I can share to help, let me know.
painky

Post by painky »

"I also located them on the 1920 Census in Redbank Township in Armstrong County. Her name is misspelled but that's her and her son Jack, along with Victor, his son Aleci, and a daughter."

Hey Gary, I hadn't found any information on Carolina until your posting. It makes some sense since I am sure Victor had other wives. How is their name spelled in the 1920 census, as I am struggling to locate it?
garypch

Post by garypch »

I found them by searching for Jack Vassanelli on HeritageQuest. His last name is indexed as "Varsauella," so you can enter that in the search.

The record shows Supervisor's District No. 18, Enumeration District No. 46 for Redbank Township, Armstrong County, PA. Victor is the very last name on one page and his family is continued on the next.

I also heard from a cousin that Carolina Vassanelli died in 1920.
L.B.

Post by L.B. »

Stella Chincarini, the first wife of Vito Termini, was born in Malcesine, she left Italy with 2-3 Children. She was born 1882.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

painky wrote: 14 Aug 2009, 15:07 Had a break thru, but now stuck again.

G. grandfather-- Victor Termine or Victor Termini or Vittori Termini (11 May 1878) born in Verona.

Until yesterday, all I had for evidence of this was 1942 WWII draft card listing current address in Indiana, Pennsylvania. Next of kin as Alex Termine in Warren, OH. Knew my side of family later ended up in Armstrong County, PA. Also knew Victor was a coal miner.

Wife was Amelia Berlanda then, but I knew it was her second marriage and assumed it wasn't his first since he was over 40 when they wed.

Yesterday, found 1910 census from Indiana, PA (that was hint #1 that I was on track) that listed Victor Termeno with a wife Stella. Age of 33 on census matched birthdate for Victor near 1878. Also listed an Alexandria as son and 3 daughters. So the Alex from draft card was really his child from first wife! Occupation was listed as coal miner.

Later found passenger list of Stella (Chincarini) Termini, son Alessandro, and two daughters headed to PA thru Ellis Island to meet up with husband. She was from Malcesine and they had lived previously in Northern Verona.

Now trying to fill in pieces both in Italy before they left and in US after. Parents of Victor and Stella?
What happened to Stella and daughters Bonnia (1904), Paulina (1906), and Dusolina (1909) in the US?
Find out if there is other close family in US.
I have been unable to find records for anyone else in the immediate family other than Victor and son Alex.

Thanks in advance.
Abt Dusolina:
Termine
mentioned in the record of Dosalina Maria Alberti

Name: Termine
Sex: Male
Wife: Chiceareni
Daughter: Dosalina Maria Alberti
Other information in the record of Dosalina Maria Alberti
from Ohio Death Index, 1908-1932, 1938-1944, and 1958-2007

Name:
Dosalina Maria Alberti
Event Type:
Death
Event Date:
21 Sep 1993
Time:
02:30 PM
Event Place:
Trumbull, Ohio, United States
Event Place (Original):
, Trumbull, Ohio, United States
Registration District:
Residence Place:
Ohio
Marital Status:
Widowed
Race:
White
Housewife/Homemaker
Industry:
Own Home/At Home
Hospital Status:
Other/Nursing Home
Birth Date:
13 Jun 1909
Birth Year (Estimated):
Birthplace:
Pennsylvania, United States
Father's Name:
Termine
Mother's Name:
Chiceareni
Certificate Number:
Social Security Number:
299-20-2976
Volume Number:
Affiliate Line Number:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:V29D-P46
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Bambrose

Post by Bambrose »

Hello. I am searching my Great Grandmother’s genealogy. I see her name throughout your posts, Pauline Termine. She married my Great Grandfather Joseph Fiorino and the settled in Warren, Ohio after Indiana Pennsylvania. Her father was Bictor and Mother was Stella. Her siblings were: Anne, Inna, and Alex. She passed away in 1988. I am her Great Granddaughter.

I will be traveling to Malcesine, Italy and would love to know if the Chincarini/Termine family members might still reside.
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱