Brazilian Bombieri

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Enxerido

Brazilian Bombieri

Postby Enxerido » 18 Aug 2009, 00:53

Hi. First post :D

I'm a Brazilian guy and my girlfriend is of Italian descent. Her family name is Bombieri and we were talking with an Italian guy we met in a recent trip to London and he told us he'd never heard this name in Italy. She doesn't have a clue where her ancestors are originally from in Italy, since her grandfather's parents died shortly after arriving in Brazil, leaving him (a toddler then) and his young siblings undocumented and with no family connections. They were brought up by the family who had paid for their journey from Italy to Brazil (a wealthy family of coffee planters) who gave them education and treated them like their own children so they completely lost their Italian "identity", as it were.

I would like to know if anyone has got any information about this family name in Italy -- where do the Italian Bombieri come from? The North? The South? Sicily?

I'm asking this just out of curiosity. My girlfriend takes a lot of pride in her Italian heritage (Brazil is very proud to have given a home to millions of Italians who came here and very grateful to them for having helped build the Brazil of today) and I want to help her solve this enigma about her family's origin.

Thanks a lot for any information you can provide.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Brazilian Bombieri

Postby suanj » 18 Aug 2009, 08:28

the Bombieri surname is of North Italy, for main part of Veneto region..
best regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Return to “Italian Genealogy”