De Paolo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

De Paolo

Post by sal4 »

I hope that someone can help me...I've hit a brick wall in my search of my Aunt's husband and his family....I know that he had a few names Antonio De Paolo, Anthony De Paul and Anthony Paule... I have a picture of his mother & the name on the back reads Sunday De Paolo....He was born around 1911 maybe....He died May 1956 in Cleveland, Ohio....I think that I found the 1920 census on his family, I know he had a brother Joe De Paul, but he does not show up on the 1920 census that I came across...I do know that sometime during the late 1920's he was in an orphanage and he ran away and showed up on my Grandparents steps looking for food and they kept him & never sent him back to the orphanage, he ended up marrying my Aunt Mary Iasalvatore in the 1930's...I've looked on Ellis Island using the names from the 1920 census and no luck.....I'd like to find his family's history...Thanks.. Sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
Tamberino
Veteran
Veteran

Re: De Paolo

Post by Tamberino »

What is the mother's name?
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

The picture states that her name is Sunday De Paul....I don't know what her name would be in Italian though.............Sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
Iamarino

Post by Iamarino »

The Italian word for Sunday is Domenica - which is also a woman's name. Maybe her given name was Domenica.
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Thank You, I will start looking for her & maybe it will lead me to the rest of the family....Sal4