Looking for Italian ancestory surname 'Renai'

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
torenz

Looking for Italian ancestory surname 'Renai'

Postby torenz » 21 Aug 2009, 10:00

I am trying to look for any Italian relatives and ancestory. My great grandfather emigrated to New Zealand in 1875/76, aged 22. His name was Guiseppe Renai and was a cabinetmaker from Pisa.
It is believed that he met his (future) wife on the journey to New Zealand, or soon after his arrival in New Zealand. She was Carlotta Calcinais then aged 18, and was from Leghorn.
If anyone can help me any further, I would dearly love to hear from them.
Thank you.

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Italian ancestory surname 'Renai'

Postby Italysearcher » 21 Aug 2009, 12:03

The records for Pisa have been microfilmed by the Mormon Church and can be viewed at any of their Family History Centres.
www.familysearch.org to find your closest Center and list of available records.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 21 Aug 2009, 12:29

The RENAI surname appears tobe clustered in Firenze(Florence) and the Province of Firenze and then widely scattered thru out the North of Italy in 37 cities,towns and villages. Go to www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi and put inthe Renai name in the upper left. Put in Toscana for the entire region instead of (FI=firenze) for telephone directory at www.paginebianche.it

You can do the same for CALCINAIS and put in Toscana for the entire region as well.

Just a word of caution. In Italy records are in the city,town or even village of origin so when you say Pisa do you mean the city of Pisa or do you mean one of the surrounding towns and villages in Pisa Province??

'Go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/it ... tters.html to request family BMD certificates or family status certificates which is free of charge once you are certain the place of origin. =Peter=
~Peter~

torenz

Postby torenz » 22 Aug 2009, 01:13

Peter. Thank you for the information. I went to the albo.net site you pointed me to, but it comes up with a 'Search the Web' search prompt.....but no 'upper left' box to put a surname or area. Am I in the right place?
Sorry... I am new to this.
Richard
(torenz)

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 22 Aug 2009, 01:17

LABO...sorry about that. Go back and click it. =Peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Italian Genealogy”