Do I need death certs?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jacobarber
Rookie
Rookie

Do I need death certs?

Postby jacobarber » 08 Sep 2009, 20:18

nevermind that

fredoniapeaches
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Do I need death certs?

Postby fredoniapeaches » 09 Sep 2009, 19:07

need them for what? you are trying to obtain their birth certs from Italy, and wondering if you need their death certs from NY to obtain them? probably not, depending on where you are getting their birth certs from. are you getting them from someone or someplace (a church or civil registry)? or from another researcher? or are you going through the LDS? more times than not, you do not need to provide other info...unless they specifically ask for it.

jacobarber
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jacobarber » 09 Sep 2009, 21:59

I'm sorry, I didn't specify. Do I need state death certs for the whole italian citizenship process? Will I have to bring them to the consulate with all other documentation (birth, marriage, naturalization, etc. certificates)?

Some of the wording on italiancitizenship.com (http://www.italiandualcitizenship.com/id107.htm) is somewhat confusing. When choosing

Does "Death certificates for anyone listed above (with apostille and translation, if for your father, grandfather or great grandfather)" mean that I will need my great grandfather's and grandfather's death certificate as part of my pile of documentation?

elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby elba » 09 Sep 2009, 22:48

Yes Death Certificates, Apostilles and translations are required.

I have to do translations of the death certificates in all the citizenship translations that I do for people...
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"

Return to “Italian Genealogy”