Truini family history

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gabrielle

Truini family history

Postby gabrielle » 05 Jan 2004, 11:13

I am having a very difficult time finding information on my father's family. If anyone can help or knows anything about the surname Truini, I'd really appreciate it. Ciao.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 05 Jan 2004, 15:50

Hi: Truini surname is tipically Lazio's region (especially of Latina province), but are small presence also in others italian region.Wished which info?Regards, suanj

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 05 Jan 2004, 16:11

Gabrielle if you know the town of origin for your family then all doors open up and I can help you. In Italy everything is the town of origin!!!!Thats where the history,documents and relatives are living and dead. If you don't know the town then go to www.ellisisland.org for family entry into the USA as immigrants and get the information. Peter

gabrielle

Thank you!

Postby gabrielle » 06 Jan 2004, 08:46

Thank you both so much for your quick reply! my father said that my grandfather was born in Rome. I notice on all passenger lists that Truini is,as you said, from Ripi,Frosenone,Roma regions/towns. You can tell I'm still an amateur at the international part of this. My grandfather came over here when he was about 4 years old or so. I haven't found their record yet, still checking. Your help is greatly appreciated.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Thank you!

Postby suanj » 06 Jan 2004, 12:17

gabrielle wrote:Thank you both so much for your quick reply! my father said that my grandfather was born in Rome. I notice on all passenger lists that Truini is,as you said, from Ripi,Frosenone,Roma regions/towns. You can tell I'm still an amateur at the international part of this. My grandfather came over here when he was about 4 years old or so. I haven't found their record yet, still checking. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Hi: in Lazio region are this province: Roma(capital of Lazio and Capital of Italy), Latina, Viterbo, Frosinone, Rieti.
In Ripi town(Frosinone province), are this Truini families:
http://paginebianche.virgilio.it/pb/cer ... i&x=68&y=7
More:not are record for child Truini on ellis island, but are:
- Dante Troini(probable misspelling of Truini) coming from Valmontone (Rome), Italy - in 1917 age 4 travelling with brother Luca (age 5)and mother Celeste Caramanica (age 34)..
-Domenico Troino(? probable misspelling) coming from Ripi(Frosinone) age 2-emigrated in 1916, travelling with mother Crecchio Giuseppina age 29

can possible this record? Please let me know the first name your ancestor..regards, suanj

gabrielle

Names

Postby gabrielle » 07 Jan 2004, 02:31

My grandfather was Sam Truini born November 12,1918. My grandma is Matilda Truini (Kavorik-sp?maiden name) and was born July 5, 1920. That's all I have so far and it's not much to go on at all I know. I think my grandpa's middle name was Primo.

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 07 Jan 2004, 03:12

was he ever naturalized as a US citizen? Peter

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 07 Jan 2004, 03:52

GOT HIM!! He is listed under social security as Sam P. Truini, born 11/12/18 and died 11/6/90 in Jefferson Ohio. His social security Number is 283-07-6005.

Go to www.SSDI.genealogy.rootsweb.com and click on last column SS-5 and request a copy of his original application for social scurity which has all the vital data. It may cost about $30.00 but well worth it. Peter

gabrielle

You are awesome!

Postby gabrielle » 08 Jan 2004, 03:32

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!! I cannot believe it! Now I should be able to get much further with the application and susanj's info on the regions and you have no idea how much I appreciate the help!!! I could kiss you both! See, I was adopted and when I was 20 I found my parents and it means so much to me to know where I come from and who I am. My father has told me all he knows,which wasn't much, but more than I knew before. I'm 32 now and really wanting to pursue my family history because it has bugged me my whole life and I want my kids to have it later on. Now, once I get this application, do you know if I will have enough then to find out about my great-grandparents?? This is exciting,no? Again THANK YOU both.

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 08 Jan 2004, 04:10

Most likely since it should have his parents names and his date of birth and place of birth. Peter

lisa_i_gosling

Re: Truini family history

Postby lisa_i_gosling » 20 Apr 2006, 19:16

could anyone help me please my italian ancestors are from Cassino, Italy.
Vitorchiano, Viterbo, Lazio, Italy. I would like to contact themto get birthcertificates for my ancestors but I cant find the right site to do so. Does anyone know the addresses of these places for the commune or province i think?

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Truini family history

Postby suanj » 20 Apr 2006, 20:01

Hi in Cassino many civil registries was destroyed by WWII, this for sure;
however:
CASSINO OFFICE OF CIVIL RECORDS:
Servizi Demografici
Piazza De Gasperi
03043 Cassino(FR)
Italy

DITTO FOR VITORCHIANO:

Servizi Demografici
P.za S. Agnese, 16
Vitorchiano (VT)
Italy
---------------
regards, suanj

info @ comune.vitorchiano.vt.it (no spaces)
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Return to “Italian Genealogy”