Predolini-Predolin family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
emita

Predolini-Predolin family

Postby emita » 13 Sep 2009, 02:56

I am looking for any information on the Predolini or Predolin family,my ancestor ,Giuseppe, son of Antonio,was born in Lussino,now Croatia,in 1821,but the family was not from the island.Giuseppe emigrated to Argentina in 1847.
I would like to get in touch wih anybody that could help me trace this family. I see there are several Predolini in Brescia,Milano and Trieste area.Thank you,Ema

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Predolini-Predolin family

Postby PeterTimber » 13 Sep 2009, 03:14

There are 7 PREDOLINI listed for Argentina and when I put in PREDOLIN it came back as PREDOLINI so PREDOLINI appears to the corrrect spelling.

To locate any PREDOLINI in LOMBARDIA region (Brescia, Milano) or the FRIULI-VENEZIA GIULIA region (Trieste ) go to www.paginebianche.it and put in the Predolini surname in the first lione and the region Lombardia and click CERCA. Do the same for Friuli-Venezia Giulia so that you can checkthe entire region for the name(s).

Please let us know what contact you wish to initiate, if any so thatwe may direct you accordingly. =Peter=
~Peter~

emita

Postby emita » 13 Sep 2009, 03:36

In Lussino,the surname was Predolin,as in many places in Veneto.Some time ago I sent letters to many Predolini in Brescia and Milano.Only one lady answered but she did not know anything about someone in the family gone to Lussino.in the 1800 I think I have to find someone interested in genealogy or that has a family tree.The Predolini in Argentina,are all one family for what I know.Thanks,Ema

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 13 Sep 2009, 03:49

There are 6 references to PREDOLINI GENEALOGY LOMBARDIA ITALY in Google.com which you may know about but I do not want to overlook any information at this point. =Peter=
~Peter~

emita

Postby emita » 13 Sep 2009, 04:52

Yes Peter,most of those messages were posted by me since 2002 when I started looking for Giuseppe Predolin,I thought last year that I had founf him in Losine Brscia but it was Losinj-Lussino.I did find in Ancestry gis birth,and his siblings,but his father was not from the island.This is what I m looking for now,Any ideas? thank you Ema

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 13 Sep 2009, 05:10

Can you get back to the Argentina branch of the family and ask them if they recall anything further? Sometimes people come up with things well after your out of the picture. =Peter=
~Peter~

emita

Postby emita » 13 Sep 2009, 05:26

I am the one doing the family tree,I have talked to everyone,I am the one telling them the discoveries.Giuseppe Predolini appeared for the 1 time in the Buenos Aires census 1855,with his alleged wife and 3 children.Finally there were 6,but they were not maried.He says so in his will in 1868, and recognizes only 5 children with Maria Sanguineti from Genoa,the oldest child was not his.there is no rehister of his death in 1869,so says one of his daughters.His mother was Paqualina Catharina Boscovich.

emita

Postby emita » 13 Sep 2009, 19:17

Peter,
> I am sorry did not understaand that you ment that there were 6 Predolini listed in Italian Genealogy.Could I know their names to see if I know them,thank you Ema
>

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 13 Sep 2009, 19:24

Go to www.paginebianche.it and put in Predolini in the first line and Lombardia in the second line and do the same for Friuli Venezia Giulia region clicking CERCA each time for their names and addresses and telephonenumbers. =Peter=
~Peter~

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 13 Sep 2009, 19:37

Emita,
I belive that you can write here
barb @ thestarkeys.com (NO SPACES)
http://www.durham.net/facts/crogen/news ... malilosinj

Index to Marriages,Births and Deaths for Mali Losinj, 1821-1890
or search in this Mormon's microfilms:
Topic Croatia, Belej (Mali Lošinj) - Church records

Titles Mati?na knjiga, 1743-1901 Rimokatoli?ka crkva. Župa Belej (Mali Lošinj)
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0
all list:
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... prePARTOF=
I believe that by birth record of Giuseppe you can descover the birthplace of Antonio also... maybe he came from Trieste area or so....
regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

emita

Postby emita » 13 Sep 2009, 20:13

Thank you Suanj.In mrs.Barbara s Starkey work on Mali Losinj is where I found my Predolin.On top of that she did a research work for me for Antonius and no luck.Now a Croatian genealogist Lidija Sambumjak did another research and found nothing.This is why I am stuck.There are Predolins in Rab island but no conection either.This is why I m trying to find someone that knows on this family.I have the impression that they came from the Venice zone,.In his will Giusepe says froM vENICE.eMA

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 13 Sep 2009, 20:36

until 1797 Venezia was a Republic http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Repub ... e_1796.png
and most probably Antonio was born in some Common of this area... because you found your Predolin in Lussino, the problem is to find where Antonio came from... he sure was born around 1790/5 and it is very hard to know where he was born...
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

emita

Postby emita » 13 Sep 2009, 20:51

I know,its very difficult,this is why I am trying to find someone with an idea or a family tree. Thae croatian lady told me that there were Boljono or Bognolo people as being Predolin in Rab island.I found in Family search Bodnolo in Venice,thas a reference,nothing else.Ema

Return to “Italian Genealogy”