Another question about my great grandparents, Surname: Paris

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tmparisi

Another question about my great grandparents, Surname: Paris

Postby tmparisi » 21 Sep 2009, 20:29

This forum was able to help me to identify my great grandfather’s birth date, among other things, earlier today. That said, I almost have everything I need to start getting documents for dual citizenship. My thread from earlier is here.

I am now attempting to identify 3 more dates:

-The birth and death date for my great grandmother, Carmela Fimognari/Parisi. I believe she was born, like her husband, in Locri or Siderno, Italy. Maybe around the time of 1891 (estimated, because I think they were both the same age on the census records I was provided with earlier today (Here)

-My great grandfather’s death date. I am pretty sure he died in a work related accident in Brooklyn, maybe around the year 1935 (estimated). His name was Dominico Parisi and was born on March 13th, 1891.

I assume that once I know this information, it should probably be pretty easy to retrieve these certificates as well as their marriage certificate (as I am pretty sure they were married in Brooklyn).

So far this forum has been a fantastic resource and I would greatly appreciate anymore knowledge you could perhaps send my direction. Thanks once again, everyone!!

-Travis

misbris
Master
Master

Re: Another question about my great grandparents, Surname: P

Postby misbris » 21 Sep 2009, 21:24

Try this sire for death records.

http://www.italiangen.org/VRECLIST.stm

tmparisi

Re: Another question about my great grandparents, Surname: P

Postby tmparisi » 21 Sep 2009, 21:36

I gave that a try earlier today and unfortunately only 2 records are displayed, neither of which display the correct age for his birth year of 1891. Any other possible resources?

Return to “Italian Genealogy”