Death in Domodossola

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ofoghlu
Rookie
Rookie

Death in Domodossola

Post by ofoghlu »

I was hoping that someone might have a suggestion on this minor research snafu.

I would like to get the death extract for the brother of my bisnonna. He died in Domodossola sometime (and here is my problem) either in the 1940's or 1950's.

I don't expect that the vital records officer will research this for me - but I do have all of the decedent's other personal information (birth and marriage dates etc). Should I simply write a letter to the ufficio di stato civile and hope for the best or would the state archives be a better choice?

Thanks for the help again!

:D
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Death in Domodossola

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to www.Italy.usembassy.gov/acs/records.asp for privacy law involving your request in Italy for a death certificate.

Go to www.tuttitalia.it/piemonte/41-domodossola for the address of the Uffico di Stato Civile located under MUNICIPIO to mail your request

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for form letters in Italian langiage requesting "Estratto di Fede di decesso"(extract of death certificate) =Peter=
~Peter~
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

ofoghlu wrote:I was hoping that someone might have a suggestion on this minor research snafu.

I would like to get the death extract for the brother of my bisnonna. He died in Domodossola sometime (and here is my problem) either in the 1940's or 1950's.

I don't expect that the vital records officer will research this for me - but I do have all of the decedent's other personal information (birth and marriage dates etc). Should I simply write a letter to the ufficio di stato civile and hope for the best or would the state archives be a better choice?

Thanks for the help again!

:D
Hi,
if you have the birth date it is enough to say: died between 1940-50
it is possible that on the birth act is registered also the death, so no problem... but because no passing 70 years from probable death year, you must to prove that you are the legitimate ggdaughter because only so you can make the request and to have a reply...
the prove are the certificates of your lineage and a photocopy of your ID card..
hoping helpful,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Lucap
Master
Master

Post by Lucap »

It's possible to obtain an extract of an act most recent than 70 years also if you are not a relative, but if you want an integral copy then you need to do like Suanj suggests (adding the reason of the request: i recommend "uso successione").

L.
ofoghlu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ofoghlu »

Thank You all for your suggestions and information!