Italian Death Certificates--dont understand

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Italian Death Certificates--dont understand

Postby misschristi16 » 29 Sep 2009, 20:49

I have just had translated two death certificates. I am somewhat confused.

One had my great grandmothers' Fathers name on it, the other my great grandfathers Father.

I printed both off, had them translated as they were in full italian.
They were issued for use in marriage.

I thought that just having them translated was enough--but am now wondering what they mean.
Why did my great grandfather ask for a death certificate? I dont believe it was any of his children getting married?

I have posted the two death certificates on this website on the translation forum--if you wish to view them personally.

Also, I am having some trouble locating my great grandfathers birth records. He was born in Corbara Italy, I believe. I was wondering if there is a website that I can go to, so I can search straight into Italy.

I have written to the town asking for the state of the family certificate over 2 months ago, and have heard nothing back. Is there something else I should do? I am looking for Pasquale Palmieri--who married Filomena Verrillo (father to Orasio and Luigi--maybe others, I am unsure at this moment.).

Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Italian Death Certificates--dont understand

Postby liviomoreno » 30 Sep 2009, 07:02

The two death certificates (see ... html#99963 ) where requested for the marriage of their daughter Elena Cascarino.

Your Great grandfather was born in Casale di Corbara which is a hamlet of Sessa Aurunca. You may write to

Comune di Sessa Aurunca
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Corso Lucilio 1
81037 Sessa Aurunca (CE)

Return to “Italian Genealogy”