search family lineage

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ausjo

search family lineage

Postby ausjo » 01 Oct 2009, 00:38

searching for both sides of my parents heritage:

My father's family have always spoken of aristocracy lineage although was broken where it was quite common for families to sell their titles when financially tight. My father is Alessio Pieri, born in Piazza al Serchio, Province of Lucca 18/09/1933, his Father Luigi Pieri d.o.b=? died in Piazza al Serchio, Province of Lucca ??/12/66 wife Alberta (nee Orsi) died Piazza al Serchio ??/1/97. Paternal Grandfather name Alessio Pieri d.o.b.=? died in Province of Lucca uncertain of date. Known Offsprings of Alessio Pieri senior - Ottavio Pieri died in Province of Lucca around 1992-94, Italo Pieri d.o.b and death ??

My Father's siblings are: Teresa (nee Pieri) Becchelli died in Lucca 2008-9, Alberto Pieri - died in San Romano 1997, Giuseppe Pieri living in Tuart Hill Perth, Western Australia, Aldagonda Pieri living in Piazza al Serchio, Province of Lucca, Aladina (nee Pieri) Zoccolan living in Fossalta di Portogruaro Province of Venice and Orianno Pieri living Piazza al Serchio.

On my mother's lineage, interested to know more of my maternal great grandfather Vincenzo Versace of Rizziconni, Reggio Calabria served as a royal guard for the Prince of Naples in the late 1800's to early 1900's, wife Caterina (nee Morganti) Versace, daughter (my grandmother) Rosa Versace (married surname Monterosso) d.o.b. ?? died in Rizziconni ??/4/92.

jo123
Rookie
Rookie

Re: search family lineage

Postby jo123 » 01 Oct 2009, 12:53

Hi there,
I'm not sure if this helps.

http://boards.ancestry.ca/surnames.monterosso/1/mb.ashx

seems to be some info on the Monterosso and Versace link. Might have something to do with your family.

Goodluck
jo123 (nee Monterosso)
Adelaide Australia
Tracing my family from Sinopoli. Surnames: Monterosso, Puccini, Carbone, Tripodi, Caruso, Rugnetta, Fimmano, Luppino.

ausjo

Postby ausjo » 02 Oct 2009, 00:02

Thank you for your reply.

I have read that post from ancestry.com. This person is actually believe it or not is my first cousin.

We all live in Perth but I thought I could get some relevant information on my maternal great grandfather Vincenzo Versace as he served as a royal guard for the Prince of Naples in his time as my mother often recounts about him. Thought if there were any photo's and what rank he held also for what period of time he held - time line, perhaps in what areas he did serve whilst posted.

Once again, thanking you for your efforts. Ausjo

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 02 Oct 2009, 00:25

One lead to follow is putting in a relating persons NAME -GENEALOGY -ITALY in title at Google.com for any research conducted, being conducted or otherwise mentioned in relation to your inquiry. This should be one basic element in a complex research theme. =Peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Italian Genealogy”