Translation of Furono

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
jmambro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 12 Oct 2009, 14:28

Translation of Furono

Postby jmambro » 12 Oct 2009, 20:59

hello
who can help me with that sentence from a wedding act of Francesco della Vadera
"Francesco Lubrano della Vadera figlio delli furono Andrea e di Maria
Antonia Lubrano della Vadera"

does it means that Andrea was already dead ? (what means furono?)

Thanks
Jean Michel Ambrosini

User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 11580
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Translation of Furono

Postby Tessa78 » 12 Oct 2009, 23:11

Jean Michel

I think "furono" is the plural form and means "were", so that might indicate that BOTH Andrea and Maria Antonia were deceased.

Maybe someone else can be more clear about it.

T.

User avatar
jmambro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 12 Oct 2009, 14:28

Re: Translation of Furono

Postby jmambro » 13 Oct 2009, 05:06

merci teresa
Voici la transcription intégrale. Mai je n'ai pas lu le mot juste
"A sei di Giugno 1816 Mille Ottocento sedeci Io Don Tomaso Galetta
Economo ho celebrato Sante nella Chiesa di San Michele Arcangelo di Procida
Il matrimonio per verba de presenti vis et volo servata forma sci °
TRA Francesco della Lubrano Vadera Delli furono Andrea figlio e di Maria
Antonia Lubrano della Vadera e Maria Serafina Lubrano della Vadera
figlia di Nicola e di Maria Scotto d'Apollonia, amendue di questa
città ed Isola non ostante l'impedimento di questa ... "

User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 5433
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Translation of Furono

Postby liviomoreno » 13 Oct 2009, 05:47

figlio delli furono = son of the deceased (both parents)

User avatar
jmambro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 12 Oct 2009, 14:28

Re: Translation of Furono

Postby jmambro » 13 Oct 2009, 05:55

Thank you Livio,
that was what I thought, but I have never found that in my Italian dictionnary, may be old italian ?

User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 5433
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Translation of Furono

Postby liviomoreno » 13 Oct 2009, 06:08

The Garzanti dictionary on-line (see http://www.garzantilinguistica.it/ ) has the singular form: fu...
The term comes from the past tense of verb essere:
fu = was
furono = were

User avatar
jmambro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 12 Oct 2009, 14:28

Re: Translation of Furono

Postby jmambro » 13 Oct 2009, 06:11

Thanks also for the link

User avatar
Lucap
Master
Master
Posts: 751
Joined: 16 Feb 2008, 16:27
Location: Terni - Italy

Re: Translation of Furono

Postby Lucap » 13 Oct 2009, 09:46

jmambro wrote: "A sei di Giugno 1816 Mille Ottocento sedeci Io Don Tomaso Galetta
Economo ho celebrato Sante nella Chiesa di San Michele Arcangelo di Procida
Il matrimonio per verba de presenti vis et volo servata forma sci °
TRA
Francesco della Lubrano Vadera Delli furono Andrea figlio e di Maria
Antonia Lubrano della Vadera e Maria Serafina Lubrano della Vadera
figlia di Nicola e di Maria Scotto d'Apollonia, amendue di questa
città ed Isola non ostante l'impedimento di questa ... "


If you post the picture i'll try to give you a correct translation, however the part underlined (and others) doesn't sound good; i think it is "servata la forma del S. C. T. (Sacro Concilio Tridentino)"

L.

User avatar
jmambro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 12 Oct 2009, 14:28

Re: Translation of Furono

Postby jmambro » 13 Oct 2009, 13:31

Lucap wrote:
jmambro wrote: "A sei di Giugno 1816 Mille Ottocento sedeci Io Don Tomaso Galetta
Economo ho celebrato Sante nella Chiesa di San Michele Arcangelo di Procida
Il matrimonio per verba de presenti vis et volo servata forma sci °
TRA
Francesco della Lubrano Vadera Delli furono Andrea figlio e di Maria
Antonia Lubrano della Vadera e Maria Serafina Lubrano della Vadera
figlia di Nicola e di Maria Scotto d'Apollonia, amendue di questa
città ed Isola non ostante l'impedimento di questa ... "


If you post the picture i'll try to give you a correct translation, however the part underlined (and others) doesn't sound good; i think it is "servata la forma del S. C. T. (Sacro Concilio Tridentino)"


I have attached the file; however, you that it is not easy to read it
Thanks

L.

User avatar
jmambro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 12 Oct 2009, 14:28

Re: Translation of Furono

Postby jmambro » 13 Oct 2009, 13:36

i dont know if the picture is visible

User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 5433
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Translation of Furono

Postby liviomoreno » 13 Oct 2009, 13:51

The picture is not visible. You should upload it to Imageshack or similar and then provide the link.

User avatar
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5605
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Translation of Furono

Postby wldspirit » 13 Oct 2009, 14:53

I am going to notify Nuccia and Edmondo, seems we've been having an ongoing problem with this.... :?

Until then please do as Livio suggested and upload it to Imageshack or a similar program.

wldspirit
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

User avatar
jmambro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 12 Oct 2009, 14:28

Re: Translation of Furono

Postby jmambro » 13 Oct 2009, 15:42

here is the link for the wedding act from Procida on Picasa
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Lr ... directlink

User avatar
Lucap
Master
Master
Posts: 751
Joined: 16 Feb 2008, 16:27
Location: Terni - Italy

Re: Translation of Furono

Postby Lucap » 13 Oct 2009, 17:05

This is the transcription, then if you need an accurate translation ask for someone (willing :wink: ) in the forum

A dì Sei di Giugno 1816 Mille Ottocento sedici Io Don Tomaso Galletta
Economo ho celebrato nella Par(rocchia)le Chiesa di San Michele Arcangelo di Procida
il matrimonio per verba de presenti vis et volo servata forma S. C. T.
tra Francesco Lubrano della Vadera, figlio delli furono Andrea e di Maria
Antonia Lubrano della Vadera e Maria Serafina Lubrano della Vadera
figlia di Nicola e di Maria Scotto d'Apollonio, amendue (=ambedue) di questa
città ed Isola, non ostante l'impedimento di quarto grado di consangui-
neità
che passa tra i sud(ett)i sposi, sul quale si è dispensato dalla
Curia Arc(ivescovi)le di Napoli in vigore di lettere apostoliche, con or-
dine di d(ett)a curia presenti i testimoni Michele Mazzella
e Vincenzo Lubrano della Vadera

L.

User avatar
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4601
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Translation of Furono

Postby nuccia » 13 Oct 2009, 17:21

wldspirit wrote:I am going to notify Nuccia and Edmondo, seems we've been having an ongoing problem with this.... :?

Until then please do as Livio suggested and upload it to Imageshack or a similar program.

wldspirit


I've noticed this has been happening lately as well. Lets see what Edmondo has to say as he may have disabled it during an upgrade. I have also tried to upload an image and couldn't so it seems like it may be a glitch in the system
nuccia - IG Moderator
Gente di Mare
Gente Italian Genealogy Forum
Image
Extractions of various Comuni in Reggio


Return to “Italian Genealogy”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests