Searching for Volpa and Camaroda Maschito, Potenza Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
21 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Re: Searching for Volpa and Camaroda Maschito, Potenza Italy

Postby flaviabasi » 30 Jul 2010, 22:29

cwbrower wrote:Looking for Sam Volpa (Savino Volpe?) born abt 1878 and Elizabeta Camaroda born abt 1883 in or around Maschito Potenza Italy.

Hello! my name is Flavia Basile and I live in Argentina. I´m looking for my mother´s family, her name is Maria Incoronata Volpe, she borned in Maschito on 1933, her father was Francesco Volpe, married to Lucia Gentile. I knew that she have family in the USA too. We have cousins in Palo Alto, CA, Anthony Volpe, who was brother of Vito Volpe.
My english is terrible, excuse me. please! but if you like to change information, I will glad to give you my own list of names of my family. Sincerely, Flavia.
flaviabasi

Postby FresnoItaly » 08 Oct 2010, 20:50

My great grandfather was Francesco Volpe and his son Joe Volpa was my grandfather. They both lived in Fresno California, as I do. If I can give you any more information please advise.
FresnoItaly

Postby FresnoItaly » 08 Oct 2010, 23:10

Some more information for you! They also changed the name from Volpe to Volpa, so that may help you.

Francesco Volpe
BASILICATA ,Potenza, Maschito, So. Italy
Ellis Island, Arrived 7/16/1912,
23 years old,
Ship Venezia.
Wife, Grazia (Benvenuto) Volpe
FresnoItaly

Postby maryvolpamentaberry » 17 Mar 2012, 21:57

Hello:
My name is Mary Volpa Mentaberry. James Volpa was my father, son of Sam and Elisabeth Volpa of Fresno, CA. (James was born in Los Gatos, CA (4/9/1906.) Cecil Brower is my cousin, and he has kindly done some existing research on the family. If anyone can tell us who our Great Grandparents (in Maschito, Italy) were, I would be most appreciative. Also, are there are still Volpas or Cammarotas in Maschito? It looks, from the records, that my Great Grandmother's maiden name may have been Mazula?
Thank you.
Mary
maryvolpamentaberry

Postby Lfmahoney » 09 Jan 2014, 10:32

Tony Ochinero from Maschito, Italy. We have quite a bit on this lineage. Also live in Fresno, Ca
Lfmahoney

Postby flaviabasi » 30 Jun 2014, 23:00

maryvolpamentaberry wrote:Hello:
My name is Mary Volpa Mentaberry. James Volpa was my father, son of Sam and Elisabeth Volpa of Fresno, CA. (James was born in Los Gatos, CA (4/9/1906.) Cecil Brower is my cousin, and he has kindly done some existing research on the family. If anyone can tell us who our Great Grandparents (in Maschito, Italy) were, I would be most appreciative. Also, are there are still Volpas or Cammarotas in Maschito? It looks, from the records, that my Great Grandmother's maiden name may have been Mazula?
Thank you.
Mary

Hello, Mary. Perhaps we have a coincidence: the last name of my Great Grandmother was Maulá.
flaviabasi

Previous

21 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Return to Italian Genealogy