CIACCIA, CICCIA, CACCIA, CAICCIA RECORDS FOR LONDON.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
carolinechurch
Veteran
Veteran

CIACCIA, CICCIA, CACCIA, CAICCIA RECORDS FOR LONDON.

Postby carolinechurch » 20 Oct 2009, 00:40

CIACCIA, CICCIA, CACCIA, CAICCIA, CACHIA
I have spent a lot of time compiling all records for these names in London, trying to sort out which are 'mine'
They are from census records and parish registers, all periods, all spelling variants I could find.
If anyone who doesn't have access to UK Ancestry wants to check with me I am happy to share the data I have, or check the site for you.
Seems as if most users of this forum are in the US?
Searching for my great x3 grandfather Raffaele CIACCIA, also known as Raphael/Ralph CHURCH. He was born in Napoli around 1792 and arrived in London before 1812 with his brother Saverio CIACCIA, where they married sisters Ann and Jane FURNEAUX. He switched between CHURCH and CIACCIA all his life, which has made it difficult enough to pin him down. I want to find his origin in Italy.

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: CIACCIA, CICCIA, CACCIA, CAICCIA RECORDS FOR LONDON.

Postby wldspirit » 20 Oct 2009, 00:48

Welcome to IG!
Our membership exist all over the world, and if one of the above surnames is put into a search engine, such as google, your post will appear in the results. A great way to connect with others searching the same or collateral lines.
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

carolinechurch
Veteran
Veteran

Postby carolinechurch » 20 Oct 2009, 00:59

Hi Wildspirit.
Yes, I figured I've spent so long downloading and saving this info that it would be great if someone else can use it, and I also know it's a pain if you only have a limited subscription to Ancestry and you want to research a country that you aren't covered for.
Now I'm just hoping someone comes along to help with my search!
Searching for my great x3 grandfather Raffaele CIACCIA, also known as Raphael/Ralph CHURCH. He was born in Napoli around 1792 and arrived in London before 1812 with his brother Saverio CIACCIA, where they married sisters Ann and Jane FURNEAUX. He switched between CHURCH and CIACCIA all his life, which has made it difficult enough to pin him down. I want to find his origin in Italy.

jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Postby jamiecapaldi » 06 Jan 2011, 09:29

Hello Caroline,
I have been having a quick look into your surname, and i have come up with a few places of origin to choose from.
I have looked at earliest immigration under the name Ciaccia, and it seems to be around the Campobasso area.
The main place i would guess would be Cercemaggiore, Molise, then maybe Jelsi, Molise. As you stated Napoli, i would guess the nearest there would probably be Termini (sorento), Napoli.

What do you think?

Jamie
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk

Return to “Italian Genealogy”