Lorenzo Franceschi in San Cassiana, Lucca

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Loriefran

Lorenzo Franceschi in San Cassiana, Lucca

Postby Loriefran » 14 Jan 2004, 00:15

HI Gang,

Well, I just about run out of ideas for finding information on my Italian Great grandparents and their parents.

My Great Grandfather was Michele Franceschi born August 28, 1882 in San Cassiana, a visco Lucca, Toscona, Italy. His father was a Lorenzo Franceschi. I know that Lorenzo Franceschi had two wives, Michele was born to the first one, and two were born to the second wife, Benedetto Franceschiand Annunziata (Franceschi) Roberti. The other three i just learned about last week. An Angelo Franceschi , an Adele Franceschi and a Harriet(?). Now I know Harriet does not sound like a very Italian name, but it was in my Great Grand Uncle Benedetto's Obit of 1966. I am looking for information on Michele before he came to the USA in 1908, and information on his mother and father. His mother was Ersiglio Marchezzini. I think that both Michele's parents were also born in San Cassiana, a visco Lucca, Toscona, Italy. Thank you for the help that anyone can give me on these people.

I have track Michele through Ellis Island, I have his copies of his US Citizenship Papers, I know where he is buried and his death date, I have a copy of his Death Certificate (he died February 02, 1952 and is buried in St. Joseph's Catholic Cemetery, Woodland, CA), and that his father's second wife was Arselia Bertolli. I have a copy of his Social security Application for his number which starts with a "7" because he worked for the railroad at the time. He lived for a while in Boca, California. Then he moved his family to Woodland, California and lived there until his death.

Thank you to all you kind and generous folks out there.

Lorie IN Auburn, CA, USA

Anyway,

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 14 Jan 2004, 00:44

The town of San Casciano (not Cassiano) standing alone is in the province of Pisa, Toscana region. There are two other san Casciano's with other provincial attahcments but in your case it is all under one microfilm under Toscana region and dates from 1745-1865 which can be viewed under microfilm at the nearest family History library of the Moron church. There you can order and rent the micorfilm for research. That should give you ample opportunity to trace your family. Peter

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Lorenzo Franceschi in San Cassiana, Lucca

Postby suanj » 14 Jan 2004, 05:51

Loriefran wrote:HI Gang,

Well, I just about run out of ideas for finding information on my Italian Great grandparents and their parents.

My Great Grandfather was Michele Franceschi born August 28, 1882 in San Cassiana, a visco Lucca, Toscona, Italy. His father was a Lorenzo Franceschi. I know that Lorenzo Franceschi had two wives, Michele was born to the first one, and two were born to the second wife, Benedetto Franceschiand Annunziata (Franceschi) Roberti. The other three i just learned about last week. An Angelo Franceschi , an Adele Franceschi and a Harriet(?). Now I know Harriet does not sound like a very Italian name, but it was in my Great Grand Uncle Benedetto's Obit of 1966. I am looking for information on Michele before he came to the USA in 1908, and information on his mother and father. His mother was Ersiglio Marchezzini. I think that both Michele's parents were also born in San Cassiana, a visco Lucca, Toscona, Italy. Thank you for the help that anyone can give me on these people.

I have track Michele through Ellis Island, I have his copies of his US Citizenship Papers, I know where he is buried and his death date, I have a copy of his Death Certificate (he died February 02, 1952 and is buried in St. Joseph's Catholic Cemetery, Woodland, CA), and that his father's second wife was Arselia Bertolli. I have a copy of his Social security Application for his number which starts with a "7" because he worked for the railroad at the time. He lived for a while in Boca, California. Then he moved his family to Woodland, California and lived there until his death.

Thank you to all you kind and generous folks out there.

Lorie IN Auburn, CA, USA

Anyway,

Hi: I've read Michele Franceschi ship's Manifest. Really exact spelling in SAN CASSIANO VICO-Lucca(exact spelling is San Cassiano a Vico-Lucca). Currently in San Cassiano a Vico are this Franceschi persons:
http://paginebianche.virgilio.it/pb/cer ... co&x=0&y=0

More: Marchezzini surname not exist in Italy; probable misspelled from original Marchesini...(Ersilia-exact spelling first name- Marchesini). Marchesini surname are very diffused in all Italy and also in Lucca town and in all Lucca province, but currently not are Marchesini persons living in San Cassiano a Vico...are only an Bertolli person in San Cassiano a Vico: http://paginebianche.virgilio.it/pb/cer ... co&x=0&y=0

You can to contact this persons...regards, suanj

ciaopaty

Re: Lorenzo Franceschi in San Cassiana, Lucca

Postby ciaopaty » 24 Jun 2011, 23:44

My great grandfather was Enrico Franceschi, married to Esperanza Gianni ( or Yanni/Jianni), then Esperanza Franceschi, married in San Cassiano a Vico, Lucca, Tuscany.
They are probably related. My great grandfather imigrated to Sao Paulo, Brazil in the end of the 1890's.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”