Request for Assistance

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
JMU1

Request for Assistance

Postby JMU1 » 20 Oct 2009, 09:41

I'm looking for recommendations on locating relatives in Italy (Russo, Mondi & Domenica in or around Cosenzo Italy. Based on a Cook County, Chicago, IL, death certificate dated Feb. 2, 1937, I know my great grandmother on my grandma's side, Maria Russo Mondi (husband Charles Mondi) was born in the Province of Cosenzo in approx. 1859 & her parents names were Charles Russo & her mom's maiden name was Domenica. I am also looking for relatives (Falotic & Ulie) in or around Laurenzana, Italy. Based on a Laurenzana birth certificate of Maria Angela Falotico was born Oct. 17, 1856, I know where my great grandmother on my grandpa's side was born. Maria married my great grandfather, Rocco Vincent Ulie (unclear if this last name is an accurate spelling). Any suggestions in going about finding these relatives in Italy? Also, anyone have experience when writing to the Italian authorities on whether it is best to request information from the town, province or region to obtain vital records? Thank you in advance for any assistance.

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Request for Assistance

Postby wldspirit » 20 Oct 2009, 13:20

Records are obtained from the town of origin, parish records can be obtained as well..depending on their willingness to provide assistance...some parish priest are more than helpful, some do not have the time.

Have you consulted microfilmed records by the Lds?

Potential relative letters can be sent to these towns to all persons carrying the surname of interest, these letters have been used with good results.
One member made the local paper in the town she was searching and made contact with potential family.

PagineBianche

cognome = surname
dove = town
cerca = search

Potential relative letter

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

Return to “Italian Genealogy”