Passenger Record help needed

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jgenduso
Rookie
Rookie

Passenger Record help needed

Postby jgenduso » 23 Oct 2009, 16:36

Hi Everyone,

I am out of searching resources so I thought I'd request some help from the experts.

I am trying to find the ship's manifest for my GF. His name is Rosario Genduso. Born 3 Oct 1885 in Ficuzza, PA, Sicily.

According to his D of I, he came over on the ship, City of Napels (Citta da Napoli), arriving in NY on 24 Nov 1905.

I have checked Ancestry (when I had an account), the Ellis Island records and any other library sources for this. I'm not sure where else to look.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Joseph

pink67
Master
Master

Re: Passenger Record help needed

Postby pink67 » 23 Oct 2009, 17:48

Hi Joseph,

here is the November 1905 arrival manifest for Rosario (vessel Città di Napoli):

lastname is mispelled on Ellisisland on the manifest is Gennuso, but place of birth Corleone is correct (Ficuzza is an hamlet of Corleone). Rosario was joining his brother Giuseppe on 426 East 11th street - NYC

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0029

I believe it's the correct one.... :D

Laura

jgenduso
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Passenger Record help needed

Postby jgenduso » 23 Oct 2009, 17:56

Thank you so much Pink,

I would have never thought of using "Gennerco" as a search. I had been using partials of Gend or contains uso.

Thank you so much again,

Joseph

Return to “Italian Genealogy”