CARATTI coat of arms and family motto?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
caratti28

CARATTI coat of arms and family motto?

Postby caratti28 » 26 Oct 2009, 11:15

Hi,
is anyone here a caratti?? coz i wanna get a hold of my coat of arm and motto, can sumone please help me???

Squigy
Master
Master

Re: CARATTI coat of arms and family motto?

Postby Squigy » 29 Oct 2009, 21:05

caratti28 wrote:Hi,
is anyone here a caratti?? coz i wanna get a hold of my coat of arm and motto, can sumone please help me???

Welcome to Italian Genealogy :D

A Coat of Arms doesn't work the way many people think it does. First, not every family had a Coat of Arms, in fact, a Coat of Arms belonged to an individual, and was passed down from eldest son to eldest son, like a title (the current bearer's immediate family could also bear the arms to indicate their relation to the bearer). Basically, a Coat of Arms was not awarded to everyone, and when it was, it passed to individuals, not families. It may however be fun to do some research and see if a Caratti ever had a Coat of Arms, but don't fall for websites that say your family did have one, and then try to get you to buy a copy. Hope this helped!

-Squigy
My Italian surnames:

Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone

Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile

Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito

Return to “Italian Genealogy”