Concetta Fiume,Forgione,Dapolito

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ForgioneRSF

Concetta Fiume,Forgione,Dapolito

Postby ForgioneRSF » 09 Nov 2009, 16:46

Greetings!

I have been researching my grandmother (and siblings) for many years.

I have reviewed several LDS films from RSF and surrounding villages found nothing so far. This is very difficult because I do not know her birth name. I have carefully reviewed documents for any clues.

Recently, I ordered a copy of her SS application, in hopes of finding her birth name. Sadly, only her married name was listed.

My grandmother Concetta was adopted by the Forgione family (Lorenzo and Madalena (Dileo), born Dec 8, 1888 and lived in Rocca San Felice.

I was especially surprised to learn of the surname on the Ellis Island record. Ellis Island: Concetta Fiume arrival 15y, from Naples, vessel Calabria, on Sept 20, 1902

She lived in Clyde, New York (Wayne County) married Joseph Dapolito.
Other names she used: Concetta, Jennie, Jane Dapolito
Note: Her SSN is under Jane Dapolito, she passed away in 1968.

I have not written to obtain her records from Italy. I am not sure how to pose the search surname? Fiume? Forgione?

Her natural siblings (those that I have confirmed):
Rocco Cerretto, Born 1890, arrival June 12, 1906, lived in Rochester, NY
Rocco Carpino, Born Feb 4, 1894, died Apr1 1968, lived in Clyde,NY
Louis Spino, no supporting info, lived in Clyde, NY
Gertrude (Michael)Fasano, no info, lived in Clyde, NY
Tinellia Marr, no info, lived in Clyde, NY
Patsy (Pasquale) Fiore, Born Sept 27, 1890 Died May 1977, Arrival Oct,24 1906. Lived in Scranton,PA

**Even though all of the children were adopted to different families,they DID know each other, and many settled in the same area once in the US.

My questions: How might I go about finding GM's birth name? Should I simply write or email (if possible) providing the information that I do have?
Is it possible to request household information on the Lorenzo Forgione family, that "might" give the names of all members, thus my GM's birth name?
So many questions, I know. Any help or direction is much appreciated. My personal email is themssprite@aol.com
Many Thanks,
Nancy

Return to “Italian Genealogy”