Marriage certificates from the Vatican

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
luckyshamrock

Marriage certificates from the Vatican

Postby luckyshamrock » 15 Nov 2009, 18:47

Hello,
I am wondering how to obtain information on a marriage that took place between my G G G grandparents in 1869. They got married at the Vatican. I am not sure if the Pope performed the ceremony or not. (Pope Pius IX). Their names were Minia Rebecchini and Joseph H Pierce. Minia's father, Serafino, played the organ at St. Peter's Basilica

Thanks,
Ann Sullivan

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Marriage certificates from the Vatican

Postby PeterTimber » 15 Nov 2009, 19:54

Inorder to obtain a marriage record fromthe vatican you should send a letter, preferably in Italian but english will do just as well. The form letter in Italian which converts from english to Italian and canbe used as a guide for you is located at www.circolocalabrese.org/resources/letters/index.asp

Send the letter to the Ufficio di Stato Civile, Anagrafe e Notariato, governatorato, Citta del Vaticano, Roma, Italy

In the event there are charges you no doubt will be advised by return mail. =Peter=
~Peter~

luckyshamrock

Postby luckyshamrock » 15 Nov 2009, 21:10

Thank you so much! Is there any free databases that might have it? Like Ancestry.com. I couldn't find it at first glance, but I can try again in a different area.

Thanks,
Ann

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 15 Nov 2009, 21:38

Dear Ann none that I know. Write to the Vatican and ask the if they have a website for their marriage archives and in what language(s). =peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Italian Genealogy”