Della Giustina

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Audrey39

Della Giustina

Postby Audrey39 » 19 Nov 2009, 01:47

I am looking for my ancestors who are from Vittorio Veneto. My grandfather, Antonio Della Giustina was born there on March 25, 1885 and came to the United States in 1901. His father was Daniele Della Giustina and his mother was Augusto Sasso. We think that Daniele father was Bartolomeo Della Giustina. I have no dates and am new at using this site. Please excuse me if I am doing this incorrectly.

vj
Master
Master

Re: Della Giustina

Postby vj » 19 Nov 2009, 14:29

Hello and Welcome to the Forum!
Yes, you're doing this correctly :D .
Are you looking for direction on how to locate family records in Vittorio Veneto?
Do you need help finding US records (ship manifests, census military registration)
Or, do you need assistance with both Italian & US records?
Thank you!
Valarie

Is this your family webpage?
http://webpages.charter.net/rgiustina/T ... 0tree.html

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 19 Nov 2009, 14:33

Since you know Vittorio Veneto is the town of origin You can obtain his bierth record (Estratto di nascita in carta libera) from the town UFFICIO DI STATO CIVILE.

Go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/it ... tters.html for the italian language form letters. Mail to the address located under MUNICIPIO at www.tuttitalia.it/veneto/67-vittorio-veneto =Peter=
~Peter~

Audrey39

Postby Audrey39 » 20 Nov 2009, 02:22

vj - Yes - our family tree that I have worked on with relatives is indeed the one you listed above. We hope the dates are correct. I do not speak Italian so I feel as if I am at a disadvantage. I am going to try the site that Peter Timber said. Thank you, Audrey

cfbandit

Postby cfbandit » 23 Jun 2010, 16:13

Audrey,

Have you made any more progress on your family tree? I am particularly interested in discussing this with you as my family is also from Vittorio Veneto in the parish of Serravalle, just like yours.

In my family, Magdalena Della Guistina (born abt. 1860) married Giovanni DeNardi. Their daughter Augusta married into the Franco family and I am a descendant of that family.

Concetta

Audrey39

Postby Audrey39 » 23 Jun 2010, 16:44

Concetta - In our family tree - I have a Giovanna Di Nardi marrying a Daniel Della Giustina (1884 - 1973). Their children were Dante Della Giustina, Benjamin Della Giustina and Mary Della Giustina. I know that they ended up living in West Springfield, MA.

I can't seem to find a Magdalena Della Giustina - although you spelled it Guistina so it may be from another family. I know some of my relatives changed their spelling once they were here in United States.

Audrey

cfbandit

Postby cfbandit » 23 Jun 2010, 16:50

My apologies, it is Giustina. Typo. I have a work permit for Augusta that lists it correctly.

I am pondering that she might be from the generation of your first ancestor, Antonio Della Giustina. As in, a sister or cousin. The name seems so clustered in Serravalle/Vittorio Veneto, I can't help but think the family connects somehow.

My family in that area is gone (passed away) so its hard for me to get to new research from them. I am thinking of ordering the films from the LDS to see if they have anything on them from when the area was under Austrian rule, but I have a feeling I'm not going to find much. Have you ordered any of them? I know they're in German which is a language I do not speak.

Audrey39

Postby Audrey39 » 23 Jun 2010, 22:44

My grandfather's parents were Daniele Della Giustina and Augusto Sasso. He had a brother Bartolo Della Giustina who married Angelina (Angela) Paier, Augusto Della Giustina who married Catherine Bianchi and a sister Della Libera Della Giustina whom I know nothing about. I have many of their dates. My grandfather's uncle was Antonio Della Giustina who married Antonia Piccin. His grandfather was Bartolomeo Della Giustina. You can find what info I do have on our website. Hope this helps. If you can add anything to this it would be greatly appreciated. webpages.charter.net/r...0tree.html

Audrey

Audrey39

Postby Audrey39 » 23 Jun 2010, 22:46

Sorry - didn't give you complete web page. Audrey

http://webpages.charter.net/rgiustina/T ... 0tree.html

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ricbru » 27 Jun 2010, 20:43

Hello Audrey, a couple of year ago there was someone who applied for italian citizenship, a Della Giustina, I have the church certificates you are looking for, send me a pm (ricbru@gmail.com). I would be happy to share with you all I have, I will wait for your reply
bye Riccardo

Audrey39 wrote:I am looking for my ancestors who are from Vittorio Veneto. My grandfather, Antonio Della Giustina was born there on March 25, 1885 and came to the United States in 1901. His father was Daniele Della Giustina and his mother was Augusto Sasso. We think that Daniele father was Bartolomeo Della Giustina. I have no dates and am new at using this site. Please excuse me if I am doing this incorrectly.

wishyou
Veteran
Veteran

Postby wishyou » 15 Jul 2010, 20:46

Do not order the Serravalle films from LDS. They are related only to german soldier we where there during Austrian Kingdom from 1816 to 1866.
Actually there are no films about Vittorio Veneto in LDS.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”