interpret Maria Mattora manifest record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
oilman19
Master
Master

interpret Maria Mattora manifest record

Postby oilman19 » 28 Nov 2009, 13:49

I am still looking for a sibling (brother) for my grandmother Antonia Mattora/Martora from Santa Maria C.V. I have found this record but have been unable to read the closest relative or who they are visiting. Any help would be appreciated.
I also assumed Maria (age 37) is the parent of Maria and Guiseppa. Is it likely the mother would have used her married name on the manifest?

Name: Maria Mattora
also Maria & Giuseppa
Town: Santa Maria C.V.
Arrival date: 29 Jan 1909
Departure port: Naples
Arrival port: New York
Ship name: Venezia

Thank You,

Jim

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: interpret Maria Mattora manifest record

Postby suanj » 28 Nov 2009, 14:35

oilman19 wrote:I am still looking for a sibling (brother) for my grandmother Antonia Mattora/Martora from Santa Maria C.V. I have found this record but have been unable to read the closest relative or who they are visiting. Any help would be appreciated.
I also assumed Maria (age 37) is the parent of Maria and Guiseppa. Is it likely the mother would have used her married name on the manifest?

Name: Maria Mattora
also Maria & Giuseppa
Town: Santa Maria C.V.
Arrival date: 29 Jan 1909
Departure port: Naples
Arrival port: New York
Ship name: Venezia

Thank You,

Jim

Hi Jim, the ship's manifest is abt a crossed travel of Maria Mattora and children: Maria ( 8 old) and Giuseppa ( 9 old) Dauso ( maybe Rauso)
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0028
regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

pink67
Master
Master

Postby pink67 » 28 Nov 2009, 14:37

Mi best guess is:

Maria Mattora (maiden name) was leaving in italy (S.Maria Capua Vetere) her father Francesco and was joining her husband Nicola Rauso? in Derby CT. She was travelling with her two daughters Maria and Giuseppa... them both stated S. Maria Capua Vetere as place of birth.
Names are crossed out, they didn't travel that time...

Laura

oilman19
Master
Master

Postby oilman19 » 28 Nov 2009, 15:15

Do you have any idea why her daughters had the same surname? That is where I am confused.
Laura, do you mean no one traveled at that time? I have seen names crossed out before but did not know why.

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 28 Nov 2009, 15:35

the children having Rauso surname, because Maria Mattora was married at Nicola Rauso and he was the father of children.... also after some day, in Feb 15, 1909 again no travelled... in this ship's manifest the children are Maria( female) and Giuseppe( male) RAUSO
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0001
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0001
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

oilman19
Master
Master

Postby oilman19 » 28 Nov 2009, 16:25

WOW! I was hoping for a connection, but I guess there is no direct link here. Maybe a cousin or something. Thank you so much for the help.

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”