Holders of Tax/Land Records?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lilbees
Master
Master

Holders of Tax/Land Records?

Post by lilbees »

I would like to search out the tax and land records for a comune. Would I address my inquiries to the Anagrafe office?

If so, what exactly should I ask for? Is it possible they would go back to at least 1800? (earlier if possible)

Thanks,
lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Holders of Tax/Land Records?

Post by PeterTimber »

Yes the Ufficio Anagrafe last I knew but there have been some changes. Go to www.keyitaly.com

I enjoy research and derive much satisfaction from uncovering the mystery. =Peter=
~Peter~
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Contact the Ufficio Tecnico of the Comune for tax and land records.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Is the Ufficio Tecnico the same office as the Uffico Finanziari?=Peter
~Peter~
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

I don't know. Ufficio tecnico handles land ownership and taxes on the land. Personal taxes are another thing.
In Sora there are some tax records on Chestnuts trees, goats and sheep but I haven't seen anything on personal taxes except for 1808. Other communities not even that.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
hollygianfrancesco
Veteran
Veteran

Post by hollygianfrancesco »

Very interesting. I too have a desire to obtain land ownership records from when my uncle deeded the olive groves to his niece around 1950 in Capriati a Volturno as a wedding gift.
The mysteries are fun to unravel Peter.