searching death record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

searching death record

Post by dragoni »

i am trying to find a death notice for my greatgrandmothers brother, vincent (vincenzo) gizzi. the last piece of information i have been able to find for him in the 1930 us census. he is listed as 62 years of age, living in sheridan township, chatauqua county, new york. his wife was angela maria pacell.

any in formation would be greatly appreciated.

mille grazie.

tom
vj
Master
Master

Re: searching death record

Post by vj »

Hello Tom
No age on this obituary, but a possibility
Valarie

from

The Fredonia Censor Friday, 11 Jan 1935, pg 5
http://www.fultonhistory.com/Newspapers ... ehtml&.pdf
VINCENT GIZZI DIES
Sheridan. January 8.
Mr Vincent Gizzi died on Friday
morning at his home on East
Middle road. Funeral services
were held on Monday morning
from
http://www.fultonhistory.com/Fulton.html
"Search Over 11,266,000 Old New York State Historical Newspaper Pages"
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

valerie:

thanks. it could be the correct man. it would appear he died friday January 4th with a funeral on monday January 7th. if only there were an obit in the paper i could check out the other details - wife, children, etc... i'll try to connect with the paper web site and see if i can search for an obit. mille grazie.

tom
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

valerie:

although i can't prove it, i suspect it to be the correct individual. in the 1930 census he lived at middle street in sheridan township. same street listed in the notice. without any other information i can't prove it but same name and same street put the informaiton in the likely category.

i'll check out other listings for possible matches for his children. neat site. thanks.

tom