Fortunato DiIorio born 1 Oct 1877 Coreno Ausonia Caserta

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
k9wife490

Fortunato DiIorio born 1 Oct 1877 Coreno Ausonia Caserta

Post by k9wife490 »

Looking for any information on my grandfathers parents/family. Fortunatos birth certificate shows his fathers name as Antonio DiIorio and mothers name as Caroline Biasiotti but I cannot locate information on Antonio or Caroline. At some point Fortunato moved to Angel Lane, Kent England and married there before immigrating to the US in 1920 with his wife Lilian and 4 children. I have an Italian army paper of Fortunato's but cannot translate it - not sure what it says.
Fortunato had two brothers that I know of... Joseph and John and may have had a sister.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Fortunato DiIorio born 1 Oct 1877 Coreno Ausonia Caserta

Post by PeterTimber »

You need the town oforigin in Italy to trace back the family to the early 1800's. Can you discern the town of his birth fromhis army documents since it should be where it might say NATO A (born at) o e nato nel (was born in). nce we get the town your on yourway.

In the meantime I will take a look and see at www.findmypast.com offers.

=Peter=
~Peter~
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

for reference
1920 ship manifest
page 2
- lists birth location in Italy as 'Corena'
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

The town Coreno Ausonio will have Fortunato's birth record and you either request his "ESTRATTO DI NASCITA" (long form which contains parents names and ages) by sending a form letter to the

Ufficio Di Stato Civile
comune di Coreno Ausonio
03040 (FR) lAZIO
iTALY

The form letter canbe found at http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

You can also go to www.familysearch.org for the nearest Mormon family History Library to your home and rent out the civil record microfilm for Coreno Ausonio and trace the family back to 1809 to 1900. Take along a book Discovering Your Italian Ancestors by Lynn Nelson whichis a companion to the films. =Peter=
~Peter~
k9wife490

Post by k9wife490 »

Thank you Peter... I have Fortunatos passport and copy of his birthcertificate. Parents names on passport show:
Father: Antonio Di Iorio
Mother: Carolina Biassiotta
Nat a Coreno Ausonia (Caserta)
On the birth certificate is shows:
Father: Di Iorio, Antonio
Mother: Biasiotta, Carolina
luogo di nascita Coreno ausonio (FR)

Im tryiing to find info on Antonio, fortunatos father and Carolina, his mother..
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I provided you with instructions right above your last message to me????on how to obtain the information you seek. Is their something you do not understand about contacting the townof Coren Ausonio or the local Mormon familyhistory library?? Please advise. =Peter=
~Peter~
Michael31
Master
Master

Post by Michael31 »

www.pilot.familysearch.org
www.ellisislandrecords.org
Fortunate Di Iorio arrived April 22, 1920
www.paginebianche.it
cognome: Di Iorio dove: 03040
03040 Coreno Ausonico FR
cognome: Biasiotti dove: FR
03010 Piglio
03012 Anagni
03018 Paliano
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Michael she is confused enough since she is looking for information on her grandfathers parentswhich I already took care of and requiring her to do what I advised her to do. =Peter-=
~Peter~
k9wife490

Post by k9wife490 »

Hi Peter,
I can contact my local branch of the LDS and will send away for the long form of my grandfathers birth to see if that will provide more information about my grandfathers parents, other than just their names.

I appreciate the help.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

In my experience in this area the long form does not give any additional information other than what you already have, their names.
The death record would give the towns of birth but without some idea of the year it is unlikely the town will search for them but you could ask.
Biasiotti is not a surname found in the town today so it may be that the marriage took place in the bride's parish so you will need to find her town of birth at some point.
Information on how to search the LDS records and translations can be found on my website.
www.angelcommunications.spaces.live.com
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
k9wife490

Post by k9wife490 »

HI Ann,
Thanks for the tip. Ive totally hit a brick wall where my Great grandfather is concerned... Im really confused on the places in italy. I have documents that say Coreno, some that say Caserta, some that say Frosinone... Coreno Ausonia... are they all the same place?

Also, I would LOVE a copy of your book..
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Happy New Year Ann and you too K9.

Caserta Is a Provincial capital in the Campania regionthat at one time had jurisdiction of an area currently located in Forsinone province (1926) in the Lazio region just above the Campania region. Coreno ausonio is the full and complete name for the comune (town) and is sometimes referred casually as "Coreno" but clever people like Ann and Myself know better.

If you go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in CORENO AUSONIO on top and click CERCAyhouwillget a primary web page showing the townh zip code, the complete town name, theintials of the province and the region and if youclick your arrown right onthe name Coreno Ausonio Voila a full website with map and local municipal services including the MUNICIPIO which is where yousendinany requests for documents.

Happy New Year
=Peter=
~Peter~
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

k9wife490 wrote:... Im really confused on the places in italy. I have documents that say Coreno, some that say Caserta, some that say Frosinone... Coreno Ausonia... are they all the same place?
The place is Coreno Ausonio which is currently part of the Province of Frosinone. The province of Frosinone was created in 1927, so before that date Coreno Ausonio belonged to the province of Caserta. Often the emigrants used to mention the name of the Province instead of the actual village or town where they were born.
k9wife490 wrote:...I have an Italian army paper of Fortunato's but cannot translate it - not sure what it says.
If you post it I will try to help you with the translation...

I now see that Peter was faster than me...
abiasiotti

Post by abiasiotti »

Hi. my name is Biasiotti. I live in Italy and I'm doing some research myself.
My whole family is from Rome, and I could track back until 1800. Thre is another branch I could not link to my Roman side. Thath branch is from south of rome (Piglio). I found some document related to Biasiotti in Levico Terme, north of Italy. I had some dates and references from the local bank and the local curch. If I can help any way let m e know. What kind of information you have about Caroline Biasiotti? I found a Rosa Biasiotti on the web who died in Ohio.
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/search/ ... esults.asp.
biagasis

Post by biagasis »

il cognome diffuso in coreno ausonio - forsinone - è Biagiotti ..
parli di biasiotti ??
Possiamo confrotare i lavori?