STAROPOLI family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ingfranco

STAROPOLI family

Postby ingfranco » 04 Jan 2010, 17:05

hi to all
I'm Salvatore Staropoli..i live in Naples (Campania - Italy) and my parents were born in Stefanaconi (Calabria - Italy) my father, and Piscopio (Calabria - Italy) my mother.
I know that my surname is a very common surname in the world (specially in USA) and so i will try to build my family tree.
I know that my grandparents left Stefanaconi for America by a ship from Naples in early 1900.
I build a family tree on website www.parentistretti.it or www.dynastreee.com

Any Staropoli in the world wants help me to expand and complete our common family tree?

:) Happy new year 2010!! :)

misbris
Master
Master

Re: STAROPOLI family

Postby misbris » 04 Jan 2010, 20:55

Hi Salvatore and welcome to the forum,

Are any of these people related to you?

http://ellisisland.jewishgen.org/databa ... ECTION=asc

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 04 Jan 2010, 23:14

www.numberway.com for telephone listings thruout the world will assist you in locating where they are located in the world and www.familysearch.org under ancestor search will give you past as well as present Staropoli in Italy and the USA and other countries as well.

Staropoli is not listed inthe Italian surname dictionary which means that it was either imported into Italy and italianized or local in origin based upon a nickname,occupation or anecvdote of some sort. =Peter=
~Peter~

Cool_Breeze

Postby Cool_Breeze » 15 Jun 2010, 07:59

Hi Salvatore,
My name is Mick Costa I live in Melbourne Australia , my maternal grandfather was Vincenzo Staropoli he was born in Stefanaconi Calabria.
There would be some relation i would imagine because Stefanaconi isnt a big place. He migrated to Australia in the 1950's and I know his brother migrated to the U.S.A (New Jersey) I can't remeber his name.
The Costa name also has origins in Stefanaconi as my dad was born there also.

look forward to hearing from you!

Ciao

ingfranco

Postby ingfranco » 15 Jun 2010, 22:01

Cool_Breeze wrote:Hi Salvatore,
My name is Mick Costa I live in Melbourne Australia , my maternal grandfather was Vincenzo Staropoli he was born in Stefanaconi Calabria.
There would be some relation i would imagine because Stefanaconi isnt a big place. He migrated to Australia in the 1950's and I know his brother migrated to the U.S.A (New Jersey) I can't remeber his name.
The Costa name also has origins in Stefanaconi as my dad was born there also.

look forward to hearing from you!

Ciao

Hi Mick :D ,
I'm very happy of hearing you and i'm sure that some of my relatives were migrated in Australia. I will ask to my father if he has some information about your family.
My father's name is Nicola Staropoli, and he was born in Stefanaconi in 1929; my grandfather's name was Domenico Staropoli, and his nickname was "O' Mericano".Could you ask to anyone of your relatives if they remember these name?
Do you want to anlyza my family tree on MyHeritage.com?
Maybe you could find some people you know...
Give me your e-mail address, my is ingfranco@fastwebnet.it

Return to “Italian Genealogy”