Seeking Marsala Polizia Infomation

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Jim2814
Rookie
Rookie

Seeking Marsala Polizia Infomation

Postby Jim2814 » 11 Jan 2010, 18:37

My grandfather's brother was a policeman in Marsala in 1914. Does anyone know how I can obtain his service records or any other information from the Marsala police? His last name was Lentini. Any information would be appreciated.

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Seeking Marsala Polizia Infomation

Postby johnnyonthespot » 11 Jan 2010, 18:47

Jim2814 wrote:My grandfather's brother was a policeman in Marsala in 1914. Does anyone know how I can obtain his service records or any other information from the Marsala police? His last name was Lentini. Any information would be appreciated.

Perhaps you could send an email to the Municipal Police and ask their advice. See this page for email addresses.

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 11 Jan 2010, 19:03

Marsala is a large comune, there is a good chance you will find someone in the police department who can read English.

Therefore, assuming that you cannot write in Italian, I would suggest that you send an email with Subject = "Richiesta di informazioni" (Request for information) and then begin the body of the email with, "Mi scuso ma non parlo italiano." (Excuse me but I do not speak Italian); then continue on in English keeping your sentences short and simple.

Jim2814
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Jim2814 » 12 Jan 2010, 04:18

Thank you all for your advice!

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 13 Jan 2010, 20:01

In Italy there are is anenglish website concerning the Italian State Police which you may find informative and helpful.

Go to www.poliziadistato.it/scrivici and select english from the top rim and then adminstrative and logistics. Currently there are 5 different police organizations but may have been differently constituted in Marsala in 1914.

The archive address is Polizia di Stato, Piazza Vittorio Veneto1, 91100 TRAPANI, Sicily. Their e-mail address is uffgob.tp@polizia di stato.it

=Peter=
~Peter~

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 14 Jan 2010, 07:06

PeterTimber wrote:Their e-mail address is uffgob.tp@polizia di stato.it

uffgab.tp @ poliziadistato.it (no spaces)

Return to “Italian Genealogy”