Birth Certificate of my Great Grandfather

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ronew

Birth Certificate of my Great Grandfather

Postby ronew » 13 Jan 2010, 23:16

I am trying to reach the Italian citizenship; I need a Birth Certificate (CERTIFICATO DE NASCITA) of my great-grandfather who born in Vicenza in 1869.

The data of my great-grandfather is the following.
NAME: Giovanni Battistello
FATHER’S NAME: Giovanni Battista Battistello
MATHER’S NAME: Veronica Lobizon
DATE OF BIRTH: Mach 4, 1869

the Commune in Vicenza does not respond to my requirements, Could somebody give me some advice? Perhaps I have a relative in this network who are able to help me. THANK!!!!

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Birth Certificate of my Great Grandfather

Postby PeterTimber » 13 Jan 2010, 23:29

Are you sure the city of VICENZA is the town of origin for your family??Vicenza is also the capital of a province inthe Veneto region with many towns and villages under its jurisdiction and often immigrants would refer to the cvapital in order to clearly identify where they came from.

On the other hand did you write in english?

The civil records are intact for the years 1806 to 1898 in the Vital Statistcis office in Vicenza which leads me to ask pointed questions. There is no charge for making requests for documents.

Please advise =Peter=
~Peter~

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 13 Jan 2010, 23:29

Are you sure the city of VICENZA is the town of origin for your family??Vicenza is also the capital of a province inthe Veneto region with many towns and villages under its jurisdiction and often immigrants would refer to the cvapital in order to clearly identify where they came from.

On the other hand did you write in english?

The civil records are intact for the years 1806 to 1898 in the Vital Statisicis office in Vicenza which leads me to ask pointed questions. There is no charge for making requests for documents.

Please advise =Peter=
~Peter~

ronew

Postby ronew » 13 Jan 2010, 23:59

I got the information of the place of birth of my great grandfather from the Certificate issued when he got married in 1900, here in Argentine.

My great grandfather declared that he was born in Vicenza, Veneto without further information, in the same certicate were written the names of his parents ( Gionvanni Battista Battistello and Veronica Lovizon)

I am not sure whether he was born in the City of Vicenza or in other city in the Province and I do not know if his birth was recorded in the Regitary or in a Church where he was christened due to I have no knowledge about what they had to do in 1869 as to their duties for the record of a birth.

Many Thank for your prompt response

Roberto

kaltair

Postby kaltair » 08 Nov 2010, 08:03

PeterTimber wrote:The civil records are intact for the years 1806 to 1898 in the Vital Statisicis office in Vicenza which leads me to ask pointed questions. There is no charge for making requests for documents.

Please advise =Peter=

Hello Peter
I am having trouble finding contact details for the Stastics Office in Vincenza, which you mentioned above. Would you have any contact details for the?

Thankyou :)

ronew

Postby ronew » 08 Nov 2010, 14:41

kaltair wrote:
PeterTimber wrote:The civil records are intact for the years 1806 to 1898 in the Vital Statisicis office in Vicenza which leads me to ask pointed questions. There is no charge for making requests for documents.

Please advise =Peter=

Hello Peter
I am having trouble finding contact details for the Stastics Office in Vincenza, which you mentioned above. Would you have any contact details for the?

ronew

Postby ronew » 08 Nov 2010, 14:43

ronew wrote:
kaltair wrote:

Please advise =Peter=

Hello Peter

you can try using this email address uffstatocivile@comune.vicenza.it

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 08 Nov 2010, 21:32

Address of town hall for CITY of Vicenza (Office of Civil Records)

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Corso Andrea Palladio, 98
36100 Vicenza (VI)
ITALY

You should write in Italian...
Help with letters
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords

T.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”